Sally Alrabaa, MBBS
Co-Director, Transplant Infectious Disease, Morsani College of Medicine
Director, Clinical Infectious Disease, Morsani College of Medicine
Preceptor, College of Pharmacy
Preceptor, College of Occupational Medicine
Associate Professor, Morsani College of Medicine
USF Infectious Disease
1 Tampa General Circle
Tampa FL 33606
Academic Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Academic Phone:(813) 844-4187
- Fellowship, Infectious Disease, University of South Florida, 2010
- Internist, Internal Medicine, Saint Vincent/ New York Medical College, 2004
- MBBS, Medicine, University of Khartoum, 1996
"Extensive focus on fellows, residents and medical students’ education, both in classroom and on wards."
Interdisciplinary and Emerging Signature Programs
- Allergy, Immunology & Infectious Disease
- Educational activities also include teaching research methodology to medical students and residents and mentoring them to start and complete a clinical study.
- Infectious Disease Society of America (Member, 2014 - Present)
- International Society for Infectious Diseases (Member, 2014 - Present)
- Florida/Caribbean AIDS Education Training Center (Faculty, 2014 - Present)
- American College of Physicians (Member, 2014 - Present)
- Alrabaa S, Jariwala R, Zeitler K, Montero J. Fecal microbiota transplantation outcomes in immunocompetent and immunocompromised patients: A single-center experience. Transplant infectious disease : an official journal of the Transplantation Society. 19(4) , 2017. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28513974
- Zhong Peng Anteneh Addisu Alrabaa S Xingmin Su. Antibiotic resistance and toxin production of Clostridium difficile isolates from the hospitalized patients in a large hospital in Florida, Microbiol - https://doi.org/10.3389/fmicb.2017.02584. , 2017.
- Montero JA, Alrabaa SF, Wills TS. Mycobacterium abscessus ventriculoperitoneal shunt infection and review of the literature. Infection. 44(2) : 251-3, 2016. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26148928
- Sayeef Mirza Sadaf Aslam Kay Perrin Terrill Curtis Jennifer Stenbeck Jessica Gipson Alrabaa S. Knowledge, Attitudes and Practice among Patients with Coronary Artery Disease in Dhaka, Bangladesh International Journal of Community Medicine and Public Health. 3(10) : 2740-2748, 2016.
- She RC, Alrabaa S, Lee SH, Norvell M, Wilson A, Petti CA. Survey of physicians' perspectives and knowledge about diagnostic tests for bloodstream infections. PloS One. 10(3) : e0121493, 2015. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25811910
- Alrabaa SF, Somboonwit C, Shapshak P. West Nile Virus In Global Virology I: Identifying and Investigating Viral Disease (P Shapshak, C Somboonwit, J Kuhn, JT Sinnott eds.), Chapter 17. : 457-472, 2015.
- Yacoub AT, Mojica L, Jones L, Knab A, Alrabaa S, Greene J. The Role of Corticosteroids in Adult Respiratory Distress Syndrome caused by Viridans Group Streptococci Bacteremia in Neutropenic Patients Mediterr J Hematol Infect Dis. 6(1) : e2014055, 2014.
- Alrabaa SF Nguyen P Sanderson R Baluch A Sandin RL Kelker D Karlapalem C Thompson P Sams K Martin S Montero J Greene JN. Early identification and control of carbapenemase-producing Klebsiella pneumoniae, originating from contaminated endoscopic equipment. American Journal of Infection Control. 41(6) : 562-4, 2013. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23171594
- Pham T Alrabaa S Somboonwit C Hung l Montero J. The HIV Virologic Outcomes of Different Interventions Among Treatment-Experienced Patients With 2 Consecutive Detectable Low-Level Viremia. Journal of the International Association of Physicians in AIDS Care (Chicago, Ill. : 2002). 10(1) : 54-6, 2011. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21368016
- Wills T, Sinnott JT, Alrabaa S. Viral Hemorrhagic Fevers APIC Text of Infection Control and Epidemiology, 3rd ed. , 2009.
- Alpha Omega Alpha (University of South Florida - 2010)
- Bodine Award (Saint Vincent’s Medical Center, Staten Island, NY - 2004)
- University Award – Pediatrics (University of Khartoum, Sudan - 1999)
- University Awards – Internal Medicine (University of Khartoum, Sudan - 1999)
- University Award – Biochemistry (University of Khartoum, Sudan - 1999)