Christian Brechot, MD, PhD
Asst Vice President, College of Medicine Internal Medicine
Professor, College of Medicine Internal Medicine
Sr. Assoc. Dean for Research for Global Affairs, Morsani College of Medicine
Assoc.Vp, International Partnerships & Innovation, Morsani College of Medicine
Academic Phone:(813) 974-7452
View My C.V.
- PhD, Biochemistry, University of Paris*, 1985
- MD, Medicine, University of Paris*, 1983
"Work at a transdisciplinary interface between basic research, medicine and public health, reinforce partnerships between academics and private sectors, promote access to scientific knowledge and innovation in low- and middle-income countries."
Interdisciplinary and Emerging Signature Programs
- Allergy, Immunology & Infectious Disease
- Cancer Biology
- Cellular and Molecular Biology
- Environmental & Global Health
- Metabolic Regulation and Disorders
- Lazarus JV, et al. The hepatitis B epidemic and the urgent need for cure preparedness. Nat Rev Gastroenterol Hepatol. 15(9) : 517-518, 2018.
- Abdallah C et al. Hepatitis C virus core protein targets 4E-BP1 expression and phosphorylation and potentiates Myc-induced liver carcinogenesis in transgenic mice Oncotarget. 8(34) : 56228-56242, 2017.
- Perkins MD, et al. Diagnostic preparedness for infectious disease outbreaks Lancet, 390(10108). : 2211-2214, 2017.
- Darnaud M, et al. Enteric delivery of regenerating family member 3 alpha alters the intestinal microbiota and controls inflammation in mice with colitis Gastroenterology. 154(4) : 1009-1023, 2014.
- Izmar Boas Award (German Society of Gastroenterology - 2013)
- Honorary Degree (Huazhong University, Wuhang, China - 2012)
- Honorary Degree (Imperial College London - 2008)
- Honorary Degree (Glasgow Univerisity, Scotland - 2005)
- Honorary Professor (Shanghaï Jiao Tong University, China - 2005)
- Knight (French National Legion of Honor - 2005)
- Knight (French National Order of Merit - 2002)