Jamie P. Morano, MD, MPH, FACP
Associate Professor, Morsani College of Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Infectious Diseases and International Medicine
Associate Professor, USF College of Public Health, Department of Health Policy and Management
Director, Infectious Disease Telehealth Program
Medical Director, Disease Control, Florida Department of Health - Hillsborough
Project Lead, HIV Telehealth Promising Practices Program
Assoc Professor, COPH Phire
Member, HIV Technical Advisory Group, HIV, Hepatitis, and Related Conditions Program
Division of Infectious Disease
1 Tampa General Circle
Tampa FL 33606
Academic Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Academic Phone:(813) 844-8297
- Fellow, Infectious Disease, Yale University, 2013
- Resident, Internal Medicine, Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center, 2007
- MPH, Quantitative Methods, Harvard University, 2004
- MD, Medicine, University of Tennessee, 2003
"Dr. Jamie P. Morano MD, MPH envisions a collaborative, patient-provider clinical team that delivers excellence in diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of disease and promotes sustainable well-being for patients, providers, and trainees."
Interdisciplinary and Emerging Signature Programs
- Allergy, Immunology & Infectious Disease
- Dr. Morano works with improving testing and treatment algorithms for HIV and Hepatitis C and understanding mechanisms to prevent transformation to malignancy within viral infections in both Florida and China.
- HIV Medical Association (Member, 2013 - Present)
- Florida Infectious Disease Society (Member, 2013 - Present)
- International AIDS Society USF (IAS-USA) (Member, 2010 - Present)
- Infectious Disease Society of America (Member, 2008 - Present)
- American Medical Association (Member, 2007 - Present)
- American College of Physicians (Legistlative Action Committee, 2006 - Present)
- International Fulbright Association (Lifetime Member, 1998 - Present)
- Casale T Teng M Morano J Unnasch T Lockwood . Zika Virus: An Emerging Infectious Disease with Serious Perinatal and Neurologic Complications Journal of Allergy and Clinical. 141(2) : 482-491, 2018.
- Lucero RJ, Frimpong JA, Fehlberg EA, Bjarnadottir RI, Weaver MT, Cook C, Modave F, Rathore MH, Morano JP, Ibanez G, Cook RL. The Relationship Between Individual Characteristics and Interest in Using a Mobile Phone App for HIV Self-Management: Observational Cohort Study of People Living With HIV. JMIR mHealth and uHealth. 5(7) : e100, 2017. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28751298
- Sharpe JD, Zhou Z, Escobar-Viera CG, Morano JP, Lucero RJ, Ibanez GE, Hart M, Cook CL, Cook R. Interest in Using Mobile Technology to Help Self-manage Alcohol Use among Persons Living with HIV: a Florida Cohort Cross-sectional Study Substance Abuse (PMID: 28723300) [Epub 2017 Jul 19]. , 2017.
- Morano J, Holt DA The social determinants of health contextualized for the Zika virus International Journal of Infectious Disease. 65: 142-143, 2017.
- Gibson BA, Morano JP, Walton MR, Marcus R, Zelenev A, Bruce RD, Altice F. Innovative Program Delivery and Determinants of Frequent Visitation to a Mobile Medical Clinic in an Urban Setting J Health Care Poor Underserved (PMID: 28529215). 28(2) : 643-662, 2017.
- Cook R, Zhou Z, Kelso-Chichetto N, Janelle J, Morano J, Somboonwit C, et. al. Alcohol consumption patterns and HIV viral suppression among persons receiving HIV care in Florida: an observational study Addiction Science & Clinical Practice. 12(1) : 22, 2017.
- Mundra L, Aslam S, Zhang J, Lin H, Xu P, Morano J HIV/AIDS Occupational Exposure and Integrative Care: Knowledge, Attitude, and Skills of Healthcare Workers in Gansu Province, China International Journal Of Community Medicine And Public Health. 4(10) , 2017.
- Zhen L, Hsieh E, Morano J, Sheng Y. Exploring HIV-related Stigma among HIV-infected Men Who have Sex with Men in Beijing, China: A Correlation Study AIDS Care (PMID:27137205). (11) : 1394-1401, 2016.
- Tang H, Wu Z, Mao Y, Cepeda J, Morano J. Rick Factor Associated with Negative Spouse HIV Seroconversion among Sero-different Couples: a Nested Case-control Retrospective Survey Study in 30 Counties in Rural China PLoS One (e0164761) PMID: 27741292. 11(10) , 2016.
- Yacoub A, Soni KK, Mojica L, Mai J, Morano J et, al. Primary Gangrenous Cutaneous Mold infections in a Patient with Cancer and Neutropenia Cancer Control. 23(3) : 265-71, 2016.
- Menezes M, Morano J, Mundra L. Human Papilloma Virus - Chapter in Global Virology 1: Identifying and Investigating Viral Diseases Springer Publishers. , 2015.
- Wang L, Ge L, Wang L, Morano JP, Guo W, Khoshnood K, Qin Q, Ding Z, Sun D, Liu X, Luo H, Tillman J, Cui Y. Causes of Death among AIDS Patients after Introduction of Free Combination Antiretroviral Therapy (cART) in Three Chinese Provinces, 2010-2011. PloS one. 10(10) : e0139998, 2015. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26506621
- Chen Y, Shen Z, Morano JP, Khoshnood K, Wu Z, Lan G, Zhu Q, Zhou Y, Tang S, Liu W, Chen J, Tang Z. Bridging the epidemic: a comprehensive analysis of prevalence and correlates of HIV, hepatitis C, and syphilis, and infection among female sex workers in Guangxi Province, China. PloS one. 10(2) : e0115311, 2015. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25723548
- Lai YJ, Liu EY, Wang LM, Morano JP, Wang N, Khoshnood K, Zhou L, Cheng SM. Human Immunodeficiency Virus Infection-Associated Mortality during Pulmonary Tuberculosis Treatment in Six Provinces of China. Biomedical and environmental sciences : BES. 28(6) : 421-8, 2015. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26177902
- Zhou K, Hu F, Wang C, Xu M, Lan Y, Morano JP, Lemon SM, Tucker JD, Cai W. Genotypic distribution and hepatic fibrosis among HIV/HCV co-infected individuals in Southern China: a retrospective cross-sectional study. BMC infectious diseases. 15: 401, 2015. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26424404
- Gibson BA Ghosh D Morano JP Altice FL. Accessibility and utilization patterns of a mobile medical clinic among vulnerable populations. Health & Place. 28C: 153-166, 2014. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24853039
- Morano JP Zelenev A Walton MR Bruce RD Altice FL. Latent Tuberculosis Infection Screening in Foreign-Born Populations: A Successful Mobile Clinic Outreach Model. American Journal of Public Health. : e1-e8, 2014. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24922157
- Morano JP Zelenev A Lombard A Marcus R Gibson BA Altice FL. Strategies for Hepatitis C Testing and Linkage to Care for Vulnerable Populations: Point-of-Care and Standard HCV Testing in a Mobile Medical Clinic. Journal of Community Health. 39(5) : 922-34, 2014. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25135842
- Morano JP Gibson BA Altice FL. The burgeoning HIV/HCV syndemic in the urban Northeast: HCV, HIV, and HIV/HCV coinfection in an urban setting. PloS One. 8(5) : e64321, 2013. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23691197
- Morano JP Walton MR Zelenev A Bruce RD Altice FL. Latent tuberculosis infection: screening and treatment in an urban setting. Journal of Community Health. 38(5) : 941-50, 2013. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23728822
- Manzoli L Di Giovanni P Dragani V Ferrandino MG Morano JP Rauti I Schioppa F Romano F Staniscia T. Smoking behaviour, cessation attempts and the influence of parental smoking in older adult women: a cross-sectional analysis from Italy. Public Health. 119(8) : 670-8, 2005. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15893347
- Savoia E, Morano J, Cote D, Rampal S, Villa D, Testa M. Public Health Preparedness Evaluation and Measurement Italian Journal of Public Health. 1(1) : 56, 2004.
- Morano JP. Sexual Abuse of the Mentally Retarded Patient: Medical and Legal Analysis for the Primary Care Physician. Primary care companion to the Journal of clinical psychiatry. 3(3) : 126-135, 2001. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15014610
- International Medicine Sustainable Scholar Award (The Patel College of Global Sustainability & International Health at USF - 2013)