Sadaf Aslam, MBBS, MS
Associate Professor, Internal Medicine
17 Davis Blvd
Tampa FL 33606
Academic Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Academic Phone:(813) 844-7459
- MS, Clinical and Translational Research, University of South Florida, 2014
- MBBS, Medicine/Surgery, Fatima Jinnah Medical College, 1988
Interdisciplinary and Emerging Signature Programs
- Allergy, Immunology & Infectious Disease
- Cardiovascular Sciences
- Metabolic Regulation and Disorders
- Women & Children's Health
- Infectious Disease Society of America (Member, 2017 - Present)
- American Heart Association (Member, 2017 - Present)
- HIV Medical Association (Member, 2017 - Present)
- Florida Infectious Disease Society (Member, 2017 - Present)
- Sadaf Aslam, Jellyana Peraza, Andrew Mekaiel, Manual Castro, Beata Casanas. Major Risk factors for leprosy in a non-endemic area of United States. A Case Series. Journal of ID Cases, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.idcr.2019.e00557. , 2019.
- Denham JD, Lee DH, Castro M, Pandya S, Aslam S, Nanjappa S Greene J. Two Cases of Disseminated Infection Following Live Organism Anti-Cancer Vaccine Administration in Cancer Patients Int J Infect Dis. pii: S1201-9712(18)30087-0. doi: 10.1016/j.ijid.2018.04.004. , 2018.
- 2, Jarmi T Doumit E Makdisi G Mhaskar R Miladinovic B Wadei H Rumbak M Aslam S. Pulmonary Artery Systolic Pressure Measured Intraoperatively by Right Heart Catheterization Is a Predictor of Kidney Transplant Recipient Survival Ann Transplant. 23: 867-873, 2018.
- Alsina AE, Athienitis A, Nakshabandi A, Claudio RE, Aslam S, Arroyo J, Hillenberg I, Mallorga A, Lahoti M, Kemmer N. Outcomes of abdominal surgeries in cirrhotic patients performed by liver transplant surgeons: Are these safe? Am J Surg (pii:S0002-9610(17)31736-1. , 2018.
- Jarmi T, Patel N, Aslam S, Makdisi G, Dounit E, Mhaskar R, Mildinovic B, Weston M. Outcomes of induction Therapy with Rabbit Anti-Thymocyte Globulin in Heart Transplant Recipients: A Single Center Retrospective Cohort Study Ann Transplant. 19(23) : 422-426, 2018.
- Jarmi T, Makdisi G, Mhaskar R, Miladinovic B, Wadel H, Rumbak M, Aslam S. Pulmonary Artery Systolic Pressure Measured Intraoperatively by Right Heart Catheterization is a Predictor of Kidney Transplant Recipient Survival Ann Transplant. 18(23) : 867-873, 2018.
- Brian Atkinson, Michael Grabau, Shuchi Pandya, Sadaf Aslam, Sowmya Nanjappa, John Greene Review of Appendicitis in Neutropenic Patients-A Case Series Journal of Infectious Diseases and Clinical Practice. , 2018.
- Leela S Mundra, Juxia Zhang, Sadaf Aslam, Han Lin, Peng Xu, Jamie P Morano HIV/AIDS Occupational Exposure and Integrative Care: Knowledge, Attitude, and Skills of Healthcare Workers in Gansu Province, China International Journal of Community Medicine and Public Health. 4(10) : 10, 2017.
- Grabau,Michael; Pandya,Shuchi; Nanjappa,Sowmya; Shenoy,Rahul; Aslam Sadaf; Greene, John N. Liver Abscess in Patients with Leukemia and Prolonged Neutropenia Infectious Diseases in Clinical Practice. 25(4) : 193-198, 2017.
- Abu-Sayeef Mirza; Sadaf Aslam; Kay Perrin; Terrill Curtis; Jennifer Stenback; Jessica Gipson; Sally Alrabaa. Knowledge, Attitudes and Practices among Patients with Coronary Artery Disease in Dhaka, Bangladesh International Journal of Community Medicine and Public Health. , 2016.
- Joseph Tang, Amanda Martinez, Sadaf Aslam, Minh-Tri Duong . Pharmacist Advancement of Transitions-of-Care to Home (PATCH) Service. Journal of Hospital Pharmacy, https://www.researchgate.net/publications/28659109. , 2015.
- Aslam S, Georgiev H, Mehta K, Kumar A. Matching research design to clinical research questions. Indian journal of sexually transmitted diseases. 33(1) : 49-53, 2012. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22529457
- Patterson AD, Bonzo JA, Li F, Krausz KW, Eichler GS, Aslam S, Tigno X, Weinstein JN, Hansen BC, Idle JR, Gonzalez FJ. Metabolomics reveals attenuation of the SLC6A20 kidney transporter in nonhuman primate and mouse models of type 2 diabetes mellitus. The Journal of biological chemistry. 286(22) : 19511-22, 2011. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21487016
- Aslam S, Emmanuel P. Formulating a researchable question: A critical step for facilitating good clinical research. Indian journal of sexually transmitted diseases. 31(1) : 47-50, 2010. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21808439
- Research Instructor (CTSI, USF 2007 - 2012)
- Post Doctoral Fellow (Internal Medicine, University of South Florida 2005 - 2007)
- Research Scientist (Research, IIBR 2004 - 2005)
- Research Assistant Vol (COM, University of Maryland 2004 - 2005)
- Senior Medical Officer (Internal Medicine, Medical Clinic 1996 - 1997)
- Senior Medical Officer (Private, Private 1993 - 1996)
- Clerkship Research Excellence Award (Division of Infectious Disease and Internaitonal Medicine, University of South Florida - 2017)
- Faculty Excellence in Mentorship Award (Division of Infectious Disease and International Medicine - 2016)