Todd Wills, MD
Assistant Dean & Program Director, Physician Assistant Program, Morsani College of Medicine
Associate Professor, Division of Infectious Disease, Morsani College of Medicine
Director & Assoc. Professor, Physician Assistant Department
Division of Infectious Disease and International Medicine
1 Tampa General Circle
Tampa FL 33606
Academic Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Academic Phone:(813) 844-8291
- Fellowship, Infectious Diseases, UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH FLORIDA, 2003
- Residency, Internal Medicine, UNIVERSITY OF NORTH CAROLINA, 2001
- MD, University of South Florida, 1998
Interdisciplinary and Emerging Signature Programs
- Allergy, Immunology & Infectious Disease
- Dr. Wills' research focuses on novel diagnostic and therapeutic approaches to the management of HIV and Hepatitis C and on health care in resource-limited domestic and international settings.
- American College of Physicians (Fellow, 2017 - Present)
- Infectious Diseases Society of America (Member, 2001 - Present)
- Hyer K, Jester D, Badana A, D’Aoust R, Robinson B, Guerra L, Michael M, Molinari V, Schwartz A, Schocken D, Wills T, Wilson C, Andel R. Medical Faculty Beliefs: Self-Rated Importance and Confidence in Teaching Geriatrics Primary Care Journal of the American Geriatrics Society (online publication). , 2019.
- Shapshak P, Somboonwit C, Foley BT, Alrabaa SF, Wills T, and Sinnott J. Zika Virus In Global Virology I (Ed. Shapshak P, Sinnott JT, Somboonwit C, Kuhn J), New York:Springer Verlag. : 477-500, 2015.
- Montero JA, Alrabaa SF, Wills TS. Mycobacterium abscessus ventriculoperitoneal shunt infection and review of the literature. Infection. : pp 1-3, 2015. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26148928
- T Wills, M Friedrich, J Beal, C Somboonwit, S Mcintosh, A Bork, M Tinsley, A Cajina, P Belton, J Xavier, R Doshi, R Boyd and N Solomon. Implementing Hepatitis C Treatment Programs in Comprehensive HIV Clinics: The Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) Special Projects of National Significance (SPNS) Hepatitis C Treatment Expansion Initative (poster presentation) http://www.idweek.org. : presented at IDWeek; October 8-12, 2014; Philadelphia, PA, 2014.
- Rolfe NE, Haddad TJ, Wills TS. Management of Scedosporium apiospermum in a pre- and post-lung transplant patient with cystic fibrosis. Medical mycology case reports. 2: 37-9, 2013. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24432212
- S Alrabaa, PR Noel, T Wills. Clostridium difficile Infection: What You Need to Know Consultant. 53(6) : 389-395, 2013.
- Wills T, Vega V. Elvitegravir: a once-daily inhibitor of HIV-1 integrase. Expert opinion on investigational drugs. 21(3) : 395-401, 2012. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22321026
- Wills TS, Lopez J, Billington A. Empyema caused by Ralstonia Pickettii in a Hemodialysis Patient Clinical Microbiology Newsletter. 29(7) : 55-6, 2007.
- Menezes L, Wills TS, D'Souza K. HIV/AIDS Among Asian and Pacific Islander Americans (book chapter, 22) Psychiatric Aspects of HIV/AIDS. (Philadelphia) : 232-40, 2006.
- Irvine L, Wills TS. Streptobacillus moniliformis: a mouse trying to become a rat Clin Micro Newsletter. 28(15) : 118-20, 2006.
- Toney JF, Wills TS. Dermatologic Manifestations of Syphilis J Florida M A. 1(89) : 16-7, 2005.
- Wills TS, Degryse A, Lavina J, Sinnott JT. Blastoschizomyces capitatus pneumonia in an immunocompetent male. Southern medical journal. 97(7) : 702-4, 2004. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15301131
- Wills TS, Nadler JP, Somboonwit C, Vincent A, Leitz G, Marino K, Naik E, Powers S, Khan N, Laartz B. Anemia prevalence and associated risk factors in a single-center ambulatory HIV clinical cohort. The AIDS reader. 14(6) : 305-10, 313-5, 2004. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15243966
- Wills TS. "Gastrointestinal Infections in Cancer Patients" Infections in Cancer Patients. Marcel Decker(New York) : 313-30, 2004.
- Wills TS. Hepatitis C: The Epidemic Comes out of Hiding HemAware. 6(9) : 36-9, 2004.
- Larkin JA, Lit L, Sinnott J, Wills T, Szentivanyi A. Infection of a knee prosthesis with Tsukamurella species. Southern medical journal. 92(8) : 831-2, 1999. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10456728
- America's Best Doctors (2009- - 2018)
- Excellence in Education Award (Dept. of Internal Medicine, Morsani College of Medicine, USF - 2018)
- USF Health Platinum Incentive Award (USF Health, 2007, - 2011)
- USF Health Platinum Incentive Award (USF Health - 2010)
- Outstanding Junior Faculty Member (USF Division of Infectious Disease and International Medicine - 2007)
- Inspiration of Hope Award (Florida Liver Association - 2005)
- Alpha Omega Alpha (University of South Florida College of Medicine - 1998)
- Tampa General Healthcare Basic Science Scholar Award (University of South Florida College of Medicine - 1998)
- Florida Infectious Disease Society Award (University of South Florida College of Medicine - 1998)
- Medical Microbiology and Immunology Award for Excellence (University of South Florida College of Medicine - 1998)