John Greene, MD, FACP
Professor of Medicine, Infectious Diseases
Professor, Department of Oncologic Sciences
Section Chief, Infectious Disease & Epidemiology, H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center
Chief Epidemiologist, H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center
Director, Employee Health, H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center
Moffitt Cancer Center
12902 Magnolia Dr., FOB3
Tampa FL 33612
Academic Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- MD, University of South Florida, 1986
Interdisciplinary and Emerging Signature Programs
- Allergy, Immunology & Infectious Disease
- Dr. Greene’s research interest is prevention and management of infectious complications in neutropenic patients with a hematologic malignancy. In addition, he has an interest in the diagnosis and management of pulmonary non-tuberculous Mycobacterial infections.
- National Comprehensive Cancer Network (Member, 1999 - Present)
- American Society of Microbiology (Member, 1998 - Present)
- Alpha Omega Alpha Gamma Chapter at The University of South Florida College of Medicine (Member, 1998 - Present)
- Emerging Infections Network of the Infectious Diseases Society of America (Member, 1998 - Present)
- American Association for the Advancement of Science (Member, 1996 - Present)
- American College of Physicians (Fellow, 1995 - Present)
- H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center & Research Institute Member-In-Residence (Member, 1993 - Present)
- Infectious Disease Society of America (member, 1989 - Present)
- Society for Healthcare Epidemiology of America (Member, 1989 - Present)
- Dae Hyun Lee, Olga Klinkova, Jong-Wook Kim, Sowmya Nanjappa, and Greene JN. A Case Series of Stphylococcus lugdunensis Infection in Cancer Patients at an Academic Cancer Institute in the United States Infect Chemother. 51(1) : 45-53, 2019.
- Dae Hyun Lee, Olga Klinkova, Jong-Wook Kim, Sowmya Nanjappa, and Greene J. A Case Series of Staphylococcus Lugdunensis Infection in Cancer Patients at an Academic Cancer Institute in the United States Infect Chemother. 51(1) : 45-53, 2019.
- Marian Saba, and Greene J. Refractory Mycobacterium Avium Complex Pneumonia and Anti-Interferon-y Autoantibodies - A Case Report Infect Dis Clin Pract. 27(2) : 110-113, 2019.
- Noah Hackney, Anteneh Addisu, Sowmya Nanjappa, and Greene J. Rick Factors and Outcomes of Vancomycin-Resistant vs. Vancomycin-Sensitive Enterococcal Bloodstream Infections in Patients with Acute Myeloid Leukemia Infect Dis Clin Pract. 27(2) : 85-89, 2019.
- George A, Coba Ana P, Velez David M, Joyce and Greene J. Contrasting the Clinical Presentation and Prevalence of Septic, Reactive, and Crystal Arthritis in Patients with Hematologic and Solid Malignancies Infect Dis Clin Pract. 27(2) , 2019.
- Edwards J, Denham H, Dae Hyun L, Nanjappa S, Gnage J, Greene JN. Bed Bugs in Clinical Settings: Case Report and Literature Review Consultant 360. , 2018.
- Shaeer K, Addisu A, Nanjappa S, Greene JN. Epidemiologic Evaluation of Rothia Bacteremias A Cancer Center's 4-Year Experience Inf Dis Clin Pract. 26(5) : 270-274, 2018.
- Pandya S, Aslam S, Shenoy R, Denham J, Nanjappa S, Greene JN. Pantoea Infections in Cancer Patients A Retrospective Chart review and Review of Literature Inf Dis Clin Pract. 26(5) : 275-278, 2018.
- So W, Shurko J, Galega R, Quilitz R, Greene JN. Mechanisms of High-level Cetrolozane/Tazobactam Resistance in Pseudomonas Aeruginosa from a Severely Neutropenic Patient and Treatment Success from Synergy with Tobramycin Journal of Antimicrobial Chermotherapy. : 1-3, 2018.
- cyrus Farazmand Olga Klinkova James D, Denham Sowmya Nanjappa and Greene J. Actinomycosis in Cancer Patients A Single-Center Chart Review Study Infect Dis Clin Pract. 26(6) , 2018.
- Neil N, Shah Shonali Midha Sowmya Nanjappa and Greene J. A Case of Fatal Penicillium Rhinosinusitis in a Patient with Acute Myelogenous Leukemia and Prolonged Neutropenia Infect Dis Clin Pract. 26(6) , 2018.
- Paula M, Hernandez Bugos Sowmya Nanjappa Matthew Snyder Christopher Bitetzakis and Greene J. Evaluation of Clostridium Bacteremia in the Cancer Population Infect Dis Clin Pract. 26(6) , 2018.
- Denham J, Nanjappa S, Greene J. Moraxella Species Bacteremia in Cancer Patients A Case Series and Review of Literature Inf Dis Clin Pract. 26(4) : 188-190, 2018.
- Atkinson B, Grabau M, Pandya S, Aslam S, Nanjappa S, Dietrick C, Greene JN. Review of Appendicitis in Patients with Prolonged Neutropenia Inf Dis Clin Pract. 26(3) : 133-137, 2018.
- Patel U, Nanjappa S, Dietrick C, Greene JN. Atypical Cutabeous Manifestations of Mucormycosis Infection in Immunocompromised Hosts (Review article) Inf Dis Clin Pract. 26(2) : 71-74, 2018.
- Chandra V, Nanjappa S, Castro-Borobio M, Greene JN. Nongonococcal and Nonmeningococcal Neisseria Infection in Patients with Cancer Inf Dis Clin Pract. 26(2) : 84-86, 2018.
- Garcia R, Nanpappa S, Casanas B, Rihana N, Greene JN. Reactivation and Dissemination of Tuberculosis to Extrapulmonary Sites in Patients with Hematologic Malignancies Inf Dis Clin Pract. 26(1) : 16-22, 2018.
- Shah N, Pandya S, Nanjappa S, Velez A, Green JN. Ganciclovir-Resistant Cytomegalovirus Encephalitis in a Patient with AIDS Consultant. 26(1) : 16-22, 2018.
- Internal Medicine Outstanding Resident Teaching Award (University of South Florida - 2016)
- Outstanding Pre-Clership Level Oral Presentation for Room B (USF Health Morsani College of Medicine - 2016)
- Nick Porter Award for Spirit of Moffitt - as a member of SMART (Antibiotic Stewardship) (Moffitt Cancer Center - 2013)
- Outstanding Teacher of the Year Award (American College of Physicians (ACP) - Florida Annual Science Meeting - 2013)
- Selected by Peers (Best Doctors in America® 2011-2012 - 2012)
- Nominated (USF College of Medicine Alumni Award - 2011)
- Nominated (of South Florida College of Medicine Distinguished Physician Alumnus Award - 2011)
- Who's Who (Who’s Who of Executives Professionals and Entrepreneurs - 2010)