Lynette Menezes, PhD
Assistant Vice President International, USF Health
Assistant Dean International, Morsani College of Medicine
Co-Director, Scholarly Concentration in International Medicine
Associate Professor, Internal Medicine
12901 Bruce B. Downs Blvd
Tampa FL 33612
Academic Phone:(813) 844-8037
View My C.V.
- PhD, Public Health, University of South Florida, 2003
Interdisciplinary and Emerging Signature Programs
- Allergy, Immunology & Infectious Disease
- Dr. Menezes research interests include HIV, STI prevalence and HPV associated cancers particularly among HIV patients in India. She is interested in the epidemiology and transmission of HPV as well as prevention strategies for HPV associated cancers including HPV screening and vaccination. She is currently working with Dr. Giuliano from Moffitt Center and other investigators investigating HPV infection among HIV-positive women in India.
- International Papillomavirus Society (Member, 2011 - Present)
- International AIDS Society (Member, 2006 - Present)
- Florida Center for Survivors of Torture and Refugee Services, Gulf Coast Jewish Family Services (Advisory Board Member, 2002 - Present)
- American Public Health Association (Member, 1999 - Present)
- Global Health Council (Member, 2001 - 2012)
- Wu Y Soe MT Aung PL Zhao L Zeng W Menezes L Yang Z Kyaw MP Cui . Efficacy of artemether-lumefantrine for treating uncomplicated Plasmodium falciparum cases and molecular surveillance of drug resistance genes in Western Myanmar PubMed Central. 19: 304, 2020.
- Zhao Y Wang L Soe MT Aung PL Wei H Liu Z Ma T Huang Y Menezes LJ Wang Q Kyaw MP Nyunt MH Cui L Cao . .Molecular surveillance for drug resistance markers in Plasmodium vivax isolates from symptomatic and asymptomatic infections at the China-Myanmar border. PubMed Central. , 2020.
- Zhao Y Liu Z Soe MY Wang L Soe TN Wei H Than A Aung PL Li Y Zhang X Hu Y
Wei H Zhang Y Burgess J Siddiqui FA Menezes L et, al. Genetic Variations Associated with Drug Resistance Markers in Asymptomatic Plasmodium
falciparum Infections in Myanmar Genes. 10(9) : 692, 2019.
- Lin C Slama J Gonzalez P Goodman MT Xia N Kreimer AR Wu T Hessol NA Shvetsov Y
Ortiz AP Grinsztejn B Moscicki AB Heard I Del Refugio González Losa M Kojic EM Schim
van der Loeff MF Wei F Longatto-Filho A Mbulawa ZA Palefsky JM Sohn AH Hernandez
BY Robison K Simpson S Jr Conley LJ de Pokomandy A van der Sande MAB Dube
Mandishora RS Volpini LPB Pierangeli A Romero B Wilkin T Franceschi S HidalgoTenorio C Ramautarsing RA Park IU Tso FK Godbole S D'Hauwers KWM Sehnal B
Menezes LJ Heráclio SA Clifford G. Cervical determinants of anal HPV infection and high-grade anal lesions in women: a collaborative pooled analysis Lancet Infect Dis. 19(8) : 880-891, 2019.
- Aung PL Pumpaibool T Soe TN Burgess J Menezes LJ Kyaw MP & Cui . Health education
through mass media announcements by loudspeakers about malaria care: prevention and practice
among people living in a malaria endemic area of northern Myanmar Malar J. 18(1) : 362, 2019.
- Menezes LJ, Pokharel U, Sudenga SL, Botha MH, Zeier M, Abrahamsen ME, Glashoff RH, Engelbrecht S, Schim van der Loeff MF, van der Laan LE, Kipping S, Taylor D, Giuliano AR. Patterns of prevalent HPV and STI co-infections and associated factors among HIV-negative young Western Cape, South African women: the EVRI trial. Sexually transmitted infections. , 2017. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28490581
- Somboonwit C, Menezes LJ, Holt D, Sinnott JT & Shapshak P. Current views and challenges on clinical cholera Bioinformation. 13(12) : 405-409, 2017.
- Chenneville T, Menezes L, Kosambiya J, and Baxi . A Case Study of the Resources and Functioning of Two Research Ethics Committees in India Journal of Empirical Research on Human Research Ethics. , 2016.
- Menezes LJ Poongulali S Tommasino M Lin HY Kumarasamy N Fisher KJ Saravanan S Gheit T Ezhilarasi C Jeeva A Lu B Guiliano A. Prevalence and concordance of human papillomavirus infection at multiple anatomic sites among HIV-infected women from Chennai, India Int J STD AIDS. 27(7) : 543-53, 2016.
- Menezes LJ, Jang SE, Ross DJ, Glaser AD, Varghese R. Prevalence and Concordance of Human Papillomavirus Infection at Multiple Anatomic Sites Among HIV-infected Women from Chennai, India Int J STD AIDS OnlineFirst (doi: 10.1177/0956462415587226). , 2015.
- Menezes LJ, Morano JP, Mundra L. Human Papilloma Virus In Global Virology I: Identifying and Investigating Viral Diseases, Springer Publications (P Shapshak, JT Sinnott, C Somboonwit & J Kuhn eds.). : 15-43, 2015.
- Menezes LJ, Jang SE, Ross DH, Glaser AD, Varghese R. Cervical HPV Infection in Indian Women: Screening and Immunization as Preventive Strategies MGM Journal of Medical Sciences. 1(2) : 75-85, 2014.
- Chenneville T, Menezes L, Bylsma LM, Mann A, Kosambiya J, and Baxi R Assessing Institutional Ethics Committees in India Using the IRB-RAT Journal of Empirical Research on Human Research Ethics. 9(4) : 50–59, 2014.
- Msukwa G, Batumba M, Drucker M, Menezes L, Ranjit R. Maternal and neonatal risk factors associated with vertical transmission of ophthalmia neonatorum in neonates receiving health care in Blantyre, Malawi Middle East African Journal of Ophthalmology. 3(21) : 240-243, 2014.
- Nyitray AG, Lin H, Fulp WJ, Chang M, Menezes L, Lu B, Smith D, Abrahamsen M, Papenfuss M, Gage C, Galindo DM, Giuliano AR. The role of monogamy and duration of heterosexual relationships on human papillomavirus (HPV) transmission J Infect Dis. 7(209) : 1007-15, 2013.
- Nyitray AG, Menezes L, Lu B, Lin H, Smith D, Abrahamsen M, Papenfuss M, Gage C, Guiliano AR. Genital Human Papillomavirus (HPV) concordance in Heterosexual Couples J Infect Dis. 2(206) : 202-211, 2012.
- Pierce-Campbell CM, Menezes LJ, Paskett ED, Guiliano AR. Prevention of Invasive Cervical Cancer in the US: Past, Present, and Future Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 9(21) : 1402-1408, 2012.
- Logan J, Khambaty M, D'Souza K, Menezes L. Cervical Cancer Screening among HIV-infected Women in a Health Department Setting AIDS Patient CARE and STDs. 8(24) : 471-475, 2010.
- Logan JL, Menezes LJ, Zhu Y, D'Souza KM, Kim H, Huang Y, Santayana G. Profile and Trends of HIV-infected Patients Who Use Health Department Services in Hillsborough County, Florida Florida Public health Review. 5: 53-59, 2008.
- Velez A, Menezes L, Crespo A. Kawasaki-like Syndrome Possibly Associated with Immune Reconstitution Inflammatory Syndrom in an HIV Patient The AIDS Reader. 9(16) : 464-466, 2006.
- Member (Alpha Omega Alpha Gama Chapter, USF Health Morsani College of Medicine - 2016)
- Honorable Mention (Global Achievement Administrator Award, USF World, Universit of South Florida - 2016)
- Delta Omega (National Public Health Honor Society - 2007)
- Outstanding Junior Faculty Award (Division of Infectious Disease, College of Medicine, University of South Florida - 2004)