Aimee Klein, PT, DPT, DSC
Coordinator, Post-Professional Residency Education, School of Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation Sciences
Assoc Professor & Assist. Dir., Physical Therapy & Rehabilitation Sciences
12901 Bruce B. Downs Blvd
Tampa FL 33612
Academic Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Academic Phone:(813) 974-9223
- DSc, Orthopaedics, Rocky Mountain University of Health Professions, 2008
- DPT, Physical Therapy, Mgh Institute of Health Professions*, 2002
- Dr. Klein's research interests and publications are in the areas of diagnosis, lower extremity musculoskeletal dysfunction and related physical therapy interventions, lower extremity biomechanics during running, ballet and other activities. She has explored the impact of predictors of physical therapy outcomes in patients with lower extremity dysfunction. She has participated in a number of grants focusing on delayed onset muscle soreness and biomechanical assessment of dance movement.
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Manual Physical Therapists (Member, 2018 - Present)
- Florida Physical Therapy Association (Member, 2013 - Present)
- American Physical Therapy Association (Orthopaedic Section, 1995 - Present)
- American Physical Therapy Association (Section on Research, 1993 - Present)
- American Physical Therapy Association (Member, 1978 - Present)
- American Physical Therapy Association (Health Policy & Administration Section, 2008 - 2015)
- American Physical Therapy Association (Education Section, 1997 - 2015)
- APTA of Massachusetts (Member, 1984 - 2012)
- American Public Health Association (Medical Care Section, 2002 - 2007)
- American Public Health Association (Member, 2002 - 2007)
- American Physical Therapy Association (Sports Physical Therapy Section, 1993 - 1995)
- APTA of Massachusetts (Member, 1978 - 1980)
- Kang S, Hwang S, Klein AB, Kim SH. Multicomponent Exercise for Physical Fitness of Community-Dwelling Elderly Women J Phys Ther Sci. 27(3) : 911-915, 2015.
- Scalzitti DA, Pleva D, Klein A. The Rehabilitation Specialist’s Handbook, 4th Ed., Section III Body Systems: Musculoskeletal The Rehabilitation Specialist’s Handbook. : 36–192, 2013.
- Roy SH, Klein A. The Rehabilitation Specialist’s Handbook, 4th Ed., Section XVIII Physical Agents The Rehabilitation Specialist’s Handbook. : 1079-1121, 2013.
- McCauley SA, Klein AB. Differential Diagnosis of Psoriatic Arthritis in a Patient Referred for Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Orthopaedic Physical Therapy Practice. 4(24) : 199-203, 2012.
- Klein AB, Snyder-Mackler L, Roy SH, Deluca CJ. Comparison of Spinal Mobility and Isometric Trunk Extensor Forces to EMG Spectral Analysis in Identifying Low Back Pain Phys Ther. 6(71) : 445-454, 1991.
- Levine D, Klein AB, Morrissey CM. Reliability of Isokinetic Concentric Closed Kinematic Chain Testing of the Hip and Knee Extensors Isokinetics. 3(1) : 146-152, 1991.
- Adjunct Faculty (Physical Therapy, MGH Institute of Health Professions 2013 - 2014)
- Clinical Assistant Professor (Physical Therapy, MGH Institute of Health Professions 1995 - 2012)
- Coordinator, Clinical Residency in Orthopaedic PT (Physical Therapy, MGH Institute of Health Professions 2007 - 2012)
- Clinical Associate (Physical Therapy, Massachusetts General Hospital 2000 - 2012)
- Senior Resource PT (Rehabilitation Services, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center 1997 - 2000)
- Physical Therapist II (Rehabilitation Services, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center 1991 - 1997)
- Clinical Assistant Professor (Physical Therapy, Boston University 1991 - 1995)
- Clinical Instructor (Physical Therapy, Boston University 1989 - 1991)
- Coordinator (Physical Therapy, Lawrence Memorial Hospital 1987 - 1988)
- Physical Therapist (Physical Therapy, Beverly Hospital 1985 - 1986)
- Director (Physical Therapy, Beverly Hospital 1984 - 1985)
- Physical Therapist (Physical Therapy, Alta Institute 1982 - 1983)
- Director (Physical Therapy, Alta Institute 1983 - 1983)
- Senior PT (Medical/Surgical Units, Huntington Memorial Hospital 1980 - 1982)
- Physical Therapist (Physical Therapy, Symmes Hospital 1978 - 1980)
- Robert C. Bartlett Trustee Recognition Service Award (Foundation for Physical Therapy - 2018)
- Lucy Blair Service Award (Americian Physical Therapy Association - 2004)
- Mary MacDonald Distinguished Service Award (APTA of Massachusetts - 2003)
- Mary McMillan Scholarship, Advanced Masters Division (Americian Physical Therapy Association - 1989)