How to Apply for the M.S. in Advanced Athletic Training Program:
- Step 1
- Complete the USF Graduate School application for the MS in Advanced Athletic Training Program
- $30 application fee for submission
- Submit GRE scores electronically to the USF Graduate School (Please use USF's GRE Code 5828)
- Step 2
- Submit official transcripts and unofficial copies of GRE scores directly to the program via mailing address below (Please use USF's GRE code 5828 to send official scores to USF Grad School).
- *Important Note: Transcripts need to be requested from each institution where coursework has been completed whether you graduated or just took courses there. Failure to provide all official coursework and final transcripts will result in a registration hold as well as a provisional admission into the university.*
- Step 3
Two (2) recommendations/evaluations are required:
- At least one of the letters must be from an athletic trainer
- One of the letters should be from a/an faculty member that can speak to your ability to succeed academically in this program (this person can also be an athletic trainer)
Both letters should be addressed to Dr. Rebecca Lopez, Program Director and should note your academic ability and readiness to pursue a post-professional online Master’s program in Advanced Athletic Training. The letters of recommendation should be addressed to emailed directly from the recommender to gradAT@usf.edu. A hard copy may also be sent via mail to the mailing address listed below.
- Step 4
- Submit official BOC Certification Verification from the BOC site, which can be sent in hard copy to the mailing address below or electronically to gradAT@usf.edu.
- If you are not BOC Certified, please provide evidence of BOC eligibility and/or documentation to demonstrate the equivalency and currency of your professional knowledge in relation to the field of athletic training.
- Step 5
- Submit a cover letter addressed to Dr. Rebecca Lopez (Program Director) and your resume via mail to the address below or via email to gradAT@usf.edu. Important Note: The cover letter should include whether you plan to complete this degree as a distance learning student only or if you will be pursuing a residency position.*
Any application materials that can't be sent electronically may be mailed to:
Advanced Athletic Training Post-Professional Program
USF Department of Orthopaedics & Sports Medicine
13220 USF Laurel Drive, MDF 5th Floor
Mail Code MDC106
Tampa, FL 33612
Any questions related to the academic curriculum should be addressed to Dr. Rebecca Lopez via email to: email@example.com via phone to 813-396-9078.
For any questions related to the clinical residency positions please click here for more information.