In accepting this agreement for use of USF Health computer accounts, the account holder agrees to use these accounts only for USF related academic, research, and business purposes, and to abide by all laws of the United States and the State of Florida and the procedures of the University of South Florida and USF Health as they may relate to the use of USF computer accounts.
These procedures state in general that:
- The user MAY use these accounts and the USF/USF Health network only for USF/USF Health related academic, research, or business purposes.
- The user MUST safeguard University information and resources.
- The user MUST accept the requirements of the HIPAA Security Rule, including allowing up-to-date anti-virus software is installed and running on any machines used to access the USF/USF Health network, including home machines.
- The user MUST comply with federal laws governing Student and Identifiable Patient Information as required by FERPA and HIPAA.
- The user may NOT use these accounts or the USF/USF Health network for personal pursuits.
- The user may NOT use these accounts or the USF/USF Health network for any commercial pursuits.
- The user may NOT use these accounts or the USF/USF Health network to attempt to gain access to any computing resources, either at USF or elsewhere, which they do not have proper access authorization.
- The user may NOT use these accounts or the USF/USF Health network to grant others access to any information or resources that they would otherwise not have available to them.
- The user may NOT use these accounts or the USF/USF Health network in any way that causes interference with other network users or processes.
USF regulations and policies may be reviewed via the USF General Council's Web page at:
Specifically, the account holder should review these USF regulations and policies:
USF Health computing procedures are published on the Information Services documentation site at: