Injury and Disease Prevention
- S.M.A.R.T Safety & Injury Prevention - Programs and courses offered by the USF Sports Medicine and Athletic Related Trauma Institute (S.M.A.R.T)
- CDC - Prevent Diabetes - Simple risk tests for diabetes and diabetes as well as helpful tips for preventing both conditions.
- CDC - Prevent Skin Cancer - Tips for preventing skin cancer due to excessive exposure to sunlight.
- CDC - Prevent Heart Disease - 8 tips for educing your risk of heart disease.
- CDC - Prevent STDs - Information on ways to prevent and treat sexually transmitted diseases.
- CDC - Preventative Cancer Screenings - Information on the risk screens available for detecting signs of breast, cervical, colon, prostate, skin and lung cancer.
- American Stroke Foundation - Information about stroke risk factors, ways to recognize a stroke, and what to do if someone shows signs of having a stroke.
- American Heart Associations - Warning signs for: Heart Attack, Stroke and Cardiac Arrest Warning Signs
- BULLetin - Wellness newsletter run by USF College of Medicine students. Published quarterly.
- CDC - Healthy Living - Very comprehensive and easy to navigate list of health tips and research important to living a healthy lifestyle. This website presents research and tips for every day topics ranging from aging to overweight and obesity, from folic acid to tobacco. The website includes detailed information on women's health, men's health, pregnancy, nutrition, physical activity, preventative cancer screenings and much much more.
- Tampa Bay Online - Listing of health events on their website. This includes local walks, exercise programs, clubs, research studies and other health related events going on locally.
- MyPyramid.gov - online service where you can set health nutrition and exercise goals and get pointers on how plan healthy eating and exercising goals for yourself. The website allows you to enter the food you have eaten and it counts the calories compared to your normal daily allowance. The website also tracks your fruit, veggies, milk, grains and protein intake and compares it to your recommended daily value depending on your age, weight and height.
- USF Wellness Walking Trails - This map covers the College of Public Health, Lawton and Rhea Chiles Center, Florida Mental Health Institute, School of Physical Therapy, School of Social Work, Morsani Center, and College of Nursing.
- USF Wellness Walking Trails - This map covers the College of Medicine, USF Medical Clinic, College of Nursing, and the Moffitt Cancer Center.
- Map My Walk - Find local walking/running trails or map your own walk/run to share with others
- Yellow Pages Exercise Listings - Addresses and contacts of local gyms and exercise programs in the Tampa Bay area
- CDC Physical Activity - Information and resources on how to stay healthy by staying physically active
- USF Campus Recreation
- American Heart Association Award - Nominate yourself or someone you know today! Visit Start! Walking at Work, then click on the green box that says "Click Here to Nominate…"
- A.H.A. - Diet and Nutrition - Links to information on Fats, Fad dieting, Healthy/ Nutritious Recipes, Nutrition information for foods you eat every day and even heart healthy grocery shopping tips. This website also provides lifestyle recommendations on how to have a healthy nutritious smoke free lifestyle.
- CDC - Fruits & Veggies - Information and research on the benefits of eating fruits and veggies.
- EAP Smoking Cessation Program - Groups will meet in the EAP Conference Room (SVC 2130) from 12:00 – 1:00 p.m. for six consecutive Thursdays starting in October. For more information, contact EAP at 974-5469 or visit http://usfweb2.usf.edu/counsel/casa/quitnow/.
- CDC - Smoking and Tobacco Use - Information, resources, fact sheets and links to other websites to inform you on how to quit smoking and the importance of a tobacco free lifestyle.
- CDC - Stop Smoking - Factsheets and resources to help you stop smoking and find smoking cessation programs.
- CalorieCounter.com - Online calorie counter to help you keep track of your caloric intake.
- CDC - Healthy Weight - Tips and research on how to get to and maintain a healthy weight.
- Healthy Togethers - Health Care and Wellness in Tampa Bay. Their Community Events calendar has a listing wellnesss events in the Tampa Bay area.