The USF College of Public Health offers the following academic program options for USF undergraduate students interested in the field of public health. The most current requirements can be found in the USF Undergraduate Catalog.
The Public Health degree program is designed to educate students on the very many facets of public health, including but not limited to: public health programs & policies, environmental health, epidemiology, global health, biostatistics in society, and many more. Every public health student will learn the foundation of public health writing, the intricacies of critical issues in public health, and the foundation of evaluation and research.
To view the full list of course requirements, click below:
USF offers the first Bachelor's in Public Health housed in an accredited College of Public Health in Florida. The BS in Public Health provides student-centered courses required for entry-level public health jobs found in government agencies, health corporations, community non-profit organizations and health care facilities.
- Major Overview
- Public Health Major degree sheet (Fall 2016 and after) (If you began prior to this please contact an advisor for your degree sheet)
- Bachelor's of Science in Public Health
- Bachelor of Science in Public Health (2008 Catalog Year & Prior)
The College of Public Health offers minors in General Public Health, Environmental Health, Infection Control, Community Engaged Homeland Security & Emergency Management, Nutrition, and Health Education. Each minor will prepare students more efficiently to implement their public health education into specific fields.
- Minor Handout (Fall 2016 and after) (If you begin prior to this please contact and adviser for your requirements)
- General Public Health Minor
- Environmental Health Minor
- Infection Control Minor
- Community Engaged Home Land Security & Emergency Management Undergraduate Minor
- Nutrition Minor
- Health Education
- Public Health (BS) and Public Health Education Concentration (MPH) Dual Degree
- Environmental Science & Policy (BS) And Public Health (MPH/MSPH) Dual Degree
- Fast Track MPH/MSPH for USF Honors Students
Contact one of our Public Health Advisors