This Florida Prevention Research Center identifies formal professional education and training opportunities that facilitate the transfer of prevention knowledge to clinicians and other medical, nursing, public health, allied health, and other health care, health services, health planning, and health education practitioners. Social Marketing Training Opportunities:
The Social Marketing ConferenceThe Social Marketing Conference meets the needs of social marketers at all levels of experience. It includes conversational plenary sessions, interactive panels, and focused collaboratory sessions. The conference welcomes social marketers, students and faculty, not-for-profit and government leaders, program planners and designers. The two-day conference consists of plenary sessions with national leaders in education, design, organizational development, and continuing professional development; panel presentations and conversations that focus on a variety of topics relevant to the practice, application, and dissemination of social marketing and collaboratories – facilitated discussions designed to dive more deeply into emerging issues and ways to apply innovative ideas for social marketing education, training, and practice. A poster walk and reception presents additional examples of social marketing practice and research and create more opportunities for conversations among participants.
Upon completion of The Social Marketing Conference, participants should be able to:
- Critically comment on the current status of the application of social marketing practice nationally and internationally;
- Discuss three examples of advanced application of social marketing practice;
- Explain at least five programs in which social marketing was used as a tool for development and discuss the strengths and weaknesses of those particular applications;
- Apply the primary theoretical and applied principles of at least one training module;
- Suggest at least one new collaborative project or application; and
- List at least five new professional contacts.
Social Marketing in Public Health Online Certificate ProgramThe social marketing and public health certificate program is offered to experienced health educators or other public health professionals who wish to develop the skills needed to develop, implement and evaluate social marketing programs. The certificate program emphasizes the translation of theory and knowledge into evidence-based practice. The certificate program was developed for the following groups: Public/community health educators prepared at the masters level (minimally), graduate students enrolled in public health programs that are pursuing a public health or health-related education, or public health educators who are employed in local, state and federal public health agencies that have education and experience in public health education (minimum of 3 years public/community health practice), and other individuals who may be interested in completing the certificate program including public health educators, public health program planners and administrators working at local, state and federal levels.
Social Marketing in Public Health Training WorkshopsThe Social Marketing in Public Health Training workshops are tailored to the needs of participants. The workshops have been given to staff of numerous local health departments. Topics include but not limited to:
For more information please contact the FPRC:
- Overview of Social Marketing Approach and Its Application (Time: 3 to 4 hour presentation)
- The Marketing Mindset and Basic Social Marketing Skills Workshop (Time: 1.5 to 4 days)
- Technical Assistance with Initial Planning and Formative Research (Time: 1.5 to 2 days depending on size of audience)
- Facilitation of Strategy Development Sessions (Time: 2-3 days)
- Social Marketing Program Evaluation (Time: 0.5 to 1.5 days)
- Ongoing Technical Assistance
Mailing Address: 13201 Bruce B Downs Blvd., MDC056 Tampa, FL 33612 Physical Address: 3500 E. Fletcher Ave., Suite 530, Tampa, FL 33612 Phone: 813-974-2021 Fax: 813-905-9872 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org