University of South FloridaCollege of Public HealthOffice of Research
13201 Bruce B Downs Blvd.
MDC-56, Rm. 1150A
Tampa FL 33612Phone:
Oversee services provided by COPH Research Administration including proposal services, award negotiation, award transfers, post award financial management, and financial research compliance.
- Responsible for a broad range of pre- and post-award activities that relate to research funding.
- Interfaces with faculty and administrative staff to facilitate grant and contract planning, and program administration.
- Assists principal investigators with proposal development including budget preparation, review of sub-recipient budgets, technical assistance related to financial research compliance, proposal submission.
- Assists principal investigators in obtaining prior approvals such as change of PI, extensions, carryover, change in project scope, change in PI effort.
- Assists new faculty in transfer of existing awards from other institutions to USF.
- Serves as a College liaison with sponsoring agencies.
- Serves as liaison with DSR related to issuance, negotiation and establishment of subrecipient agreements for awards that involve external collaborators.
Ellen Kent, MPH, CPHStudent Research Grants Coordinator email@example.com
As Student Research Grants Coordinator:
- Provides COPH graduate students with information about internal and external funding opportunities.
- Coordinates the COPH Student Research Scholarship and Student Honorary Award for Research and Practice.
- Facilitates process for COPH students to be involved in special research symposia at USF.
- Ensures that students receive recognition for their research accomplishments..
(Ellen Kent, MPH, CPH also serves as Coordinator for the Sunshine ERC http://health.usf.edu/publichealth/erc/index.htm and Coordinator for the USF Health Service Corps http://health.usf.edu/ahec/USFHealthServicesCorps/index.htm)