Welcome to the Institute for Translational Research Education in Adolescent Drug Abuse (ITRE) website! At the Institute, we are excited to offer student scholars a one-of-a-kind education and training program in translational research in adolescent drug abuse. Scholars of the Institute benefit from:
- A team of mentors comprised of local community agency leaders, academic specialists and national experts in the field of adolescent behavioral health,
- Learning experiences provided from web-based graduate courses and participation in the Annual Research & Policy Conference on Child, Adolescent, and Young Adult Behavioral Health,
- Experience conducting a service learning research project in a community-based setting relevant to alcohol and drug abuse, as well as other behavioral health issues in adolescents,
- Exposure to the latest science and nationally recognized experts in alcohol and drug abuse, comorbidities, and translational science, and
- Funding for course credits and related program activities.
We look forward to sharing the work of our Institute scholars!
Dr. Julie Baldwin, Multiple Principal Investigator
Dr. Bruce Lubotsky Levin, Multiple Principal Investigator & Curriculum Director
Dr. Tom Massey, Multiple Principal Investigator & Evaluation Director
Dr. Donna Burton, Co-Investigator
Ercilia Calcano, Project Director
The Institute is funded through a grant from the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA), 5R25DA031103-04.