On Your First Day
Welcome to the College of Public Health! Below you will find helpful tips to plan for your arrival.
Parking and Transportation
All employee vehicles must be registered with the campus Parking Services department. Employees must park in the assigned parking designation and the decal must be visibly displayed on their front windsheild. Parking in a reserved spot or in an incorrect parking destination will result in a fine.
- Receive temporary parking pass at USF Parking and Transportation Services on Holly or Collins Blvd. Please show you letter of offer and a two week pass will be given to new employees.
- Purchase parking pass within ten days of the expiration for temporary parking pass. http://usfweb2.usf.edu/parking_services/default.asp
- Obtain Campus maps and bus schedules at USF Parking and Transportation Services.
The handicap spaces are specifically reserved for the handicapped.
Additional parking information can be viewed at the Parking and Transportation website
The Parking Department: (813) 974-3423
New employees must attend an orientation program. Orientation is provided by USF Human Resources and other USF departments which are held monthly in the Student Services building in SVC 2070 room for a day and a half. Please contact the COPH Office to be scheduled for orientation.
- Staff and Admin employees orientation schedule: http://usfweb2.usf.edu/human-resources/Talent-Management/on-boarding/w2usf.asp
- OPS Employees and Student Employees - Department orientation:
- Benefit Presentation in orientation for Staff and Admin employees. Review Benefit Tutorial: http://usfweb2.usf.edu/human-resources/benefits/new-employee-online-training.asp
The Net ID is your user ID at the University. Students, faculty, and staff are automatically eligible to obtain a Net ID. With its associated password, the Net ID allows you access to variety of online services offered at the University System:
USF ID Card
The USFCard (identification card) is a requirement for all distance learning students who are enrolled at the University of South Florida. For more information go to their website at: http://www.usf.edu/it/class-prep/usf-card.aspx
Click this link and follow the directions to order your ID card online: https://secure.touchnet.com/C20235_ustores/web/store_cat.jsp?STOREID=26&CATID=495
You will need to mail or email your passport photo and a copy of your Driver’s License to the USFCard Office. Once they receive your information they will send you a confirmation email. At that point it will take one week for you to receive your card in the mail. If you want to check on the status of your card, you can call the USFCard Office at (813) 974-2357.
Please have your U # and Net ID available to purchase your USF ID Card at the Marshall Center across from Computer Store. The USF ID fee is $10.00.
GEMS Self-Service Login
GEMS Self Service allows USF employees to review and, where appropriate, add, update, or delete their information online. Information That can be viewed and changed via GEMS Self Service include:
- Leave Information – request and approve leave.
- Personal Information – review personal summary information, add or change personal information including home and mailing addresses, phone numbers and emergency contacts.
- Payroll Compensation – view pay check and compensation history and (where appropriate) add or change payroll information, including direct deposit, W-4 and W2 Wage and Information Statement and voluntary deductions.
- Benefits – review benefit summary information.
- Training and Development – view training summary (includes current enrollments and waitlists) and request training enrollments and. Or waitlist requests.
- Job Information – review current job summary and job history.
Directories: The COPH telephone list is updated regularly by the Dean's Office. Be sure to notify Lisa Mobley of any changes. To access the online USF directory, please click on the following link: http://directory.usf.edu/.
Personal Calls: Please use your cell phone for any personal call.
Equipment/lines: To inquire about telephone please contact Lisa Mobley at 813-396-9929 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Each faculty, administration and staff employee will have a dedicated phone line in the COPH. Individuals are encouraged to give that number to prospective callers. Faculty phones can be forward to departmental administrative personnel in the event you want your phone calls screened.
The COPH Mail Stop code is MDC 056. Contact your department coordinator for more information about your designated mailbox.
- Campus mail. Delivery is made once a day to the main campus and post office.
- Off Campus Mail. Items requiring postage must have a voucher attached to identify class of service, number of items, and account to charge.
- Express Mail. COPH uses the services of DHL for overnight mail service. Envelopes and labels are available in each department. The mailing label must have the grant or department account number to which the charges will be assigned. Items are picked up by 4:00 p.m. at the receptionist desk. Personal parcels must be sent by another carrier and must be accompanied by cash or check. DHL will not accept private parcels.
- Courier mail. Departments are encouraged to use courier mail instead of express mail for the nest day service to Tallahassee. The USF Finance and Accounting Department operates the daily courier service to and from the Board of Regents in Tallahassee, which includes delivery to and from all Florida universities.
Building Safety/Emergency Management
COPH Building Safety Team contact information: Michael Haywood Facility Manager for COPH email@example.com 813-974-6613 Cedric Cato Administrative Clerk for COPH firstname.lastname@example.org 813-974-6613 Stephon Johnson
Administrative Clerk for COPH Johnson5@health.usf.edu 813-974-6067
- Keys and building access must be initiated by your supervisor.
- For maintenance and facility concerns, please contact the COPH receptionist at 813-974-3623.
- Faculty & Staff Alert Guide: http://www.sa.usf.edu/main-resources/docs/Faculty-and-Staff-Alert-Guide-2012-13.pdf
- Register for MoBull Emergency Alerts: http://usfweb2.usf.edu/mobullplus/
- Worker’s Compensation: http://usfweb2.usf.edu/human-resources/employee-relations/workers-comp.asp
For additional information on Fire and Emergency Evacuation Procedures, Relocation area for evacuation, Tornado and Hurricane Preparedness, Campus and Personal Safety, and Lab Safety awareness. Please go to Building Safety home page: http://health.usf.edu/publichealth/labandsafety/index.htm
Time and Pay
Employees are paid bi-weekly. For information on your specific timesheet schedule, please visit: http://usfweb2.usf.edu/uco/Payroll/timesheets.asp
- Time Sheets:
Staff Timesheet Instructions: http://usfweb2.usf.edu/human-resources/payroll/timesheets/staff-instructions.pdf
Hourly Non-Student Temporary/Student Timesheet Instructions: http://usfweb2.usf.edu/human-resources/payroll/timesheets/hourly-instructions.pdf
- About Your Paycheck: http://usfweb2.usf.edu/human-resources/payroll/about-your-paycheck.asp
- View Pay Check through GEMS Self Service on MyUSF Portal
- Time Sheets: