Structure: The Student Affairs Committee shall be composed of one faculty member selected by each department. Two representatives from the administration staff, who are involved in recruitment and advisement, shall serve as ex-officio non-voting members.
- Recommending policies for students recruitment and advisement;
- Establish and monitor the minimum College admission requirements, discuss admission trends and review special admission requirements determined by departments;
- Establish and monitor policies for Collegewide scholarships, honors and awards and assistantships; review and recommend recipients for scholarships, awards and assistantships; student members do not participate in the scholarship awarding process;
- Recommend procedures for, and participate in student orientation and graduation events;
- Coordinate student affairs related to the public health practice program and other College-wide academic programs, as approved by the Faculty Assembly; and
- Review recruitment and retention strategies as well as student diversity issues, consistent with College and University goals.
(From Governance Manual pages 8-9)
Back to Faculty and Staff Affairs Home Page