Structure: The Faculty Affairs Committee shall be composed of one tenured faculty member elected by each department, and four tenured professors who serve for two years, elected at large by the Faculty Assembly.
Functions and Duties:
- Recommend the College-criteria, policies and procedures for appointment, promotion and tenure;
- Review credentialing of faculty and others for serving on doctoral and masterscommittees;
- Recommend College- policies and procedures for faculty evaluations;
- Review and make recommendations for promotion and tenure of faculty, post-tenure sustained performance evaluations of tenured faculty; and mid-tenure track review;
- Foster faculty development;
- Recommend College criteria, policies and procedures for merit pay;
- Facilitate nomination and review of faculty for honors and awards;
- Facilitate understanding of tenure and promotion policies and procedures as well asappropriate procedures concerning grievances and informal resolution of conflicts; and
- Monitor policies and make recommendations for equal opportunity and diversity in theCollege.
(From Governance Manual page 9)
Meetings are held on the 2nd Thursday of each month from 1:00 – 2:00 pm in the COPH Dean's conference room
January 12th (this meeting has been cancelled)