Our goal is to provide you with an optimal learning experience when taking an online course at the COPH.
Below are tools and resources you can use before, during and after you have enrolled in our courses. We have divided our resources into 3 categories:
Tutorials | Tools | Links
Tutorials are available in different formats including: .pdf files, narrated presentations, demonstrations and interactive presentations
- Canvas- view tutorials and quickguides of how to use the tools in Canvas.
- Plagiarism- view this interactive tutorial to learn more about the difference between plagiarism and paraphrasing
- How to Find a Journal Article-view tutorial for basic instructions for finding a journal article (HSC Library); introduction to PubMed; to CINAHL; to PsychInfo; to Web of Knowledge.
- HIPAA- complete these 3 self-paced online training. It is required by USF to comply with HIPAA regulations.
- Elluminate Live-view tutorials and quickguides of how to participate in an Elluminate Live session. Please note: this tool may not be used in all courses.
Use these tools to help you be successful in your online courses at COPH
- Perform a Technology Check- ensure you have all the software required to be successful in an online course.
- Student Online Readiness Tool - developed by the University System of Georgia will help you determine if online learning is for you. This tool will also provide you with suggestions on being a successful online learner.
- RefWorks- view this website to learn more about using RefWorks.
- EndNote- view this website to learn more about using EndNote.
Follow these links to get resources and support from other USF departments:
- USF ID card- ALL students must have an USF ID card to access their course in Canvas.
- Health IS- provides resources and support for computer related problems and link to obtain your USF Health email account (@health.usf.edu).
- USF Information Technology- provides resources and support for Canvas, USF email accounts (@mail.usf.edu) and NetID related issues.
- HSC Bookstore- buy textbooks and other USF merchandise online. See the 'Course At A Glance' documents for details. See Students>Upcoming Courses> Select your online course.
- COPH Academic and Student Affairs- provides information and guidance for registering for courses, applying to the college
- COPH Online Programs- provides information on degree programs and graduate certificates offered online by the college.
- SDS Student webpage (Students with Disabilies Services) - links on this page are designed to provide basic information for you.