Our goal is to provide you with an optimal teaching experience for you online course(s) at the COPH.
Below are tools and resources you can use during development and implementation. We have divided our resources into 4 categories:
Tutorials | Forms | Tools | Links
Tutorials are available in different formats including: .pdf files, narrated presentations, demonstrations and interactive presentations
- Canvas- view tutorials and quickguides of how to use the basic tools in Canvas.
- PowerPoint 101- download this .pdf with step-by-step instructions to create and upload a PowerPoint presentation to Canvas
- Narrate Your PowerPoint- download this .pdf with step-by-step instructions to create a narrated presentation. Don't forget, you can narrate in our new sound recording studio right here at the COPH. Select 'Room Reservation' on the left.
- Create a Grading Criteria Rubric - step-by-step instructions to create a grading tool for written and discussion board assignments. Includes samples and templates to create your own grading rubric.
- Elluminate Live- view tutorials and quickguides of how to use Elluminate Live.
The following form is in .pdf format and can be downloaded or printed.
- Course at a Glance Form- complete and submit this form to provide information to be used on your 'Course at a Glance' document. This document is a synopsis of your syllabus and is made available to students during registration. [email to: ETA staff]
- Clickers: Clickers are available for use by instructors through the COPH Facilities Office. Complete and submit this form to initialize a request for the use of Clickers.
Use these tools to help you create and deliver a successful online course at COPH
Follow these links to get resources and support from other USF departments:
- Health IS- provides resources and support for computer related problems and link to obtain your USF Health email account (@health.usf.edu).
- USF Information Technology- provides resources and support for Canvas, USF email accounts (@mail.usf.edu) and NetID related issues.
- HSC Bookstore- provides resources for books and other USF merchandise
- SDS Faculty webpage - links on this page are designed to assist faculty and staff in working with students with disabilities