For consideration of admission into a Master’s or Doctoral program, all applicants must complete BOTH Step 1 and Step 2 below.
USF COPH participates in the Schools of Public Health Application Service (SOPHAS), a centralized application service for accredited schools of public health. SOPHAS gathers all the application materials and verifies the documentation for the schools. After applications are verified, SOPHAS forwards them to the schools to which applicants have chosen to apply. Once USF’s College of Public Health receives a completed SOPHAS application, a check is made to see if the applicant has completed a USF application (step 2 of the application process). When both a completed SOPHAS application and USF Graduate application are received, the review process for that applicant will begin.
For an application to be considered submitted and complete before an application deadline, all of the following criteria must be met:
If these criteria are met before the application deadline, the application will be reviewed for the given term. If the criteria are not fully met before the deadline, the application will still be processed in the order in which it was received but a decision for the given term can not be guaranteed. If an decision is not made for the term given, the application will be rolled over and considered for the following term.
- The SOPHAS application must be E-submitted and paid for.
- All documentation supporting the SOPHAS application must be received by SOPHAS (transcripts, letters of recommendation, cv/resume, Official test scores such as GRE).
- The USF graduate school Application must be submitted and paid for.
STEP 1: SOPHAS Application (Schools of Public Health Application Service)
Instructions for starting the SOPHAS application.
Remember to log into your SOPHAS account frequently to check the process of your application until it is mailed to USF’s College of Public Health.
STEP 2: University of South Florida Graduate Application
Please complete the USF Graduate School Application
Please go to http://usfweb2.usf.edu/admissions/international.html for important information for international applications and to access the USF Graduate School Application.
USF Graduate School Application fee: $30 for both domestic and international applicants. Applications can not be processed until the application fee is received.
Additional Admission Information
- Applicants to the MPH in Public Health Practice program via Executive Weekend format should visit the Program website at (http://health.usf.edu/publichealth/php/executiveformat.html). Applicants to the Online MPH in Public Health Practice program should visit the Online MPH Program web site at http://health.usf.edu/publichealth/php/onlineformat.html.
- Applicants with insufficient background or training in public health or other health and biological sciences may be required to take prerequisite courses. Check specific department web sites for more information.
- Basic computer competency is expected.
- Students in all online public health courses are expected to meet certain technology requirements in order to successfully participate in their courses. It is the student's responsibility to ensure all requirements are met prior to the start of the semester. For more information, visit:http://health.usf.edu/publichealth/eta/students_tech_requirements.htm
It will take SOPHAS approximately 2-4 weeks to process your application once they receive all the required documents. You should monitor your SOPHAS application process closely after you submit it by logging into your SOPHAS account and checking the application status. Once verified, SOPHAS forwards your application file to the College of Public Health, where it will be combined with your USF Graduate School application. Your application will then be given to the department you have specified in your application for review, and a decision will be made in two to four weeks providing all materials per the Application Procedures have been received. Monitor your e-mail and the Graduate School web site for decisions and other communications.
PO Box 9111
Watertown, MA 02471
Tel: (617) 612-2090
USF, College of Public Health
13201 Bruce B. Downs Blvd., MDC 56
Tampa, FL 33612
Applicants who have completed their Bachelor’s degree may register for courses in the College of Public Health prior to applying. This option applies to non-admitted students registering for core courses or selected courses with the instructor’s approval. Non-degree student registration information can be found at: http://health.usf.edu/publichealth/academicaffairs/registration/nondegreeseeking.html. This option refers to:
- Applicants who are in the process of applying but do not have all of their documents in order by the application deadline date;
- Prospective students interested in public health coursework ;
- Graduate Certificate Students. For more information go to: http://www.gradcerts.usf.edu/.
Students opting for non-admitted registration may register for a maximum of 12 hours. Only grades of “B” or higher earned as a non-degree student are eligible for transfer after acceptance into a program. Please see the COPH Academic and Student Affairs Office to transfer in non-degree credits. Contact information is located on the Academic and Student Affairs site at http://health.usf.edu/publichealth/academicaffairs.