University of South Florida Graduate Social Marketing Courses
The University of South Florida offers a variety of graduate courses in social marketing designed for professionals working in public health and other social change disciplines (e.g., environmental sustainability, occupational and environmental health, sustainable engineering). The courses described below may be taken by professionals who are not interested in obtaining an advanced degree or social marketing certificate.
- PHC 6411 Introduction to Social Marketing is designed to analyze the components and applications of social marketing for public health: theoretical foundations; research methods; strategy development; program design and implementation, material pretesting, and ethics.
- PHC 6705 Formative Research is designed to familiarize students with the basic principles and techniques in conducting formative research for social marketing program development. The major topics covered include: principles of formative research design, qualitative data collection methods, interviewing techniques, qualitative data analysis, survey design, pretesting, and implementation, ethical principles and protection of human subjects.
- PHC 6974 Managing Social Marketing Programs is designed to address the operational and planning issues associated with social marketing programs. The goal is to develop social marketing problem-solving, and planning skills. Topics include budgeting, branding, implementation, evaluation.
- PHC 6716 Advanced Formative Research is designed to give students an advanced and applied perspective of formative research and its specific implications to public health social marketing campaigns. Appropriate for current and future social marketing practitioners, the course will expand on introductory research techniques and focus on the areas of survey questions writing and analysis; online quantitative research techniques; survey instrument pretesting and revision; translating findings to applicable social marketing strategy; and applied data reporting techniques. Students will be expected to actively participate in class discussion and outside assignments.
- PHC 6461 Advanced Social Marketing enables students to use the social marketing framework to analyze public health problems and design program solutions. The course focuses on a managerial perspective to improve organizational efficiency and social design principles.
How To Register:
If you are a USF degree-seeking student click the link below:
If you are a USF nondegree-seeking student and "live" live in Florida choose one of the follow:
- Is this your first non-degree course at USF? Click the link below:
- Are you a continuing USF non-degree student (enrolled at USF as a non-degree student within the last 12 months)? Click the link below: