Individual county team members who participate in the two-year CDPC Learning Center program will gain the knowledge, skills, and attitude to:
- Discuss the importance of establishing pre-disaster collaborative partnerships.
- Identify critical partners in the government, not-for-profit, faith-based, and business sectors.
- Identify various approaches in structuring an effective CDPC.
- Develop and implement strategies for identifying, engaging, and sustaining community partners in their county’s CDPC.
- Create a CDPC which fits their county’s needs and builds relationships among health, human services, and emergency management systems.
- Apply the incident command system (ICS) in conjunction with their county’s CDPC.
- Identify and seek funding and/or other resources to support the CDPC and county disaster response and recovery efforts.