This training program is developed to meet the following CDC Public Health Preparedness and Response Core Competencies:
- Model Leadership:
- Solve problems under emergency conditions
- Facilitate collaboration with internal and external emergency response partners.
- Act within the scope of one’s legal authority.
- Communicate and Manage Information:
- Manage information related to an emergency.
- Report information potentially relevant to the identification and control of an emergency through the chain of command.
- Plan for and Improve Practice:
- Contribute expertise to the development of emergency plans.
- Participate in improving the organization’s capacities (including, but not limited to programs, plans, policies, laws, and workforce training).
- Refer matters outside of one’s scope of legal authority through the chain of command.