Perinatal Quality Indicators System
The FPQC invites all Florida delivery hospitals to participate in the new Perinatal Indicator System.
This initiative is geared towards supporting hospital quality improvement efforts by providing hospital-specific quarterly reports of perinatal indicators and corresponding data quality reports.
An initial package of 6 perinatal QI indicators has been developed using existing state administrative data sets, including maternal hospital discharge records and birth certificates.
Indicators were chosen and adapted from measures provided by leading national groups such as the Joint Commission, the National Quality Forum, the Vermont Oxford Network, the California Maternal Quality Care Collaborative, and the Leapfrog Group.
This system is being offered to all Florida delivery hospitals at no charge. Hospitals may enroll at any time on a rolling basis.
Hospitals who would like to participate will receive:
- Historic (2004-2013) reports for the initial 6 perinatal QI indicators (NTSV cesareans, non-medically indicated early deliveries, failed induction of labor, severe maternal morbidity, antenatal corticosteroid use, and unexpected complications of the newborn)
- Brief training modules on the data for hospital liaison
- Updated quarterly reports for 6 indicators and new ones from 2014 and on
- Data quality reports in a score card format
- Support from the FPQC for the QI efforts resulting from your data
- Complete two brief online training modules
- Complete two brief follow-up e-mails per year
- Work on one quality improvement project identified from your data in your hospital with support from the FPQC
For more information on the System, please view the materials and FAQ below.
If you missed our informational webinar on this new System, you may download the recording and slides here.
Contact FPQC@health.usf.edu with any questions.
Indicator System Sample ReportsPostpartum Hemorrhage ObHem - Hospital X.PDF
Severe Hypertension in Pregnancy SHT - Hospital X.PDF
Non-Medically Indicated Deliveries <39 Weeks: NMID Hospital X.pdf
Low Risk Primary Cesarean Section (Nulliparous, Term, Singleton, Vertex): NTSV Hospital X.pdf
Failed Induction of Labor: Failed IOL Hospital X.pdf
Severe Maternal Morbidity: SMM Hospital X.pdf
Unexpected Newborn Complications: UCN Hospital X.pdf
Antenatal Corticosteroid Treatment: ACS Draft - Hospital X.pdf
Quality Indicator System Training ModulesPlease Click Here to View Training Module 1 Quality Improvement (21:28 min)
Please Click Here to View Training Module 2 Perinatal QI Indicators (35:36 min)
The link to the module assessment is located on the last slide of each module. You may view the training module and complete the assessment as many times as you'd like. If you have access trouble, please contact FPQC@health.usf.edu