- Engage perinatal health care stakeholders in the design, implementation and evaluation of data-driven processes for population- and evidence-based, value-added, cost-effective perinatal health care quality improvement efforts that enhance patient safety outcomes.
- Encourage perinatal health care providers to educate and empower families and patients to become involved for their own well-being as well as for the welfare of their communities.
- Build and sustain consensus, awareness and support across the state and nation regarding the value and benefits of active engagement with the FPQC in proposing, researching, selecting and launching new quality improvement initiatives.
- Become a nationally-recognized leader and role model in perinatal health care advancements through our effective evidence-based protocols for a variety of quality improvement processes.
- Acquire the financial resources necessary for the ongoing development and sustainment of the FPQC.
Goals Note: After the FPQC’s Governance Meeting in late September 2012, the FPQC Leadership Staff and Team continue to analyze and develop our strategic goals based on attendees’ feedback. The above version is still in draft form. Final decisions on the exact verbiage will be made by April 2013.