VisionAll of Florida’s mothers and infants will have the best health outcomes possible through receiving high quality evidence-based perinatal care.
MissionAdvance perinatal health care quality and patient safety for all of Florida’s mothers and infants through the collaboration of all FPQC stakeholders in the development of joint quality improvement initiatives, the advancement of data-driven best practices and the promotion of education and training.
FPQC stakeholders include: Perinatal health-related practitioners from a variety of professions and specialties, statewide organizations, individuals, advocates, educators, policymakers, hospitals and payers as well as involved families.
- Every mother and infant deserves the highest quality of health care and safe outcomes possible.
- This highest quality of perinatal health care can be achieved while reducing costs when the FPQC’s professional stakeholders collaborate voluntarily in continuous, data-driven, value-added, quality improvement processes.
- Families and patients also play an important role in the improvement of perinatal health care quality and outcomes and should be educated, empowered and supported to become involved.
- Perinatal health care practitioners, advocates and payers have the responsibility to provide the necessary education to families and patients for the benefit of their communities.
- All FPQC initiatives will be appropriate, feasible, engaging, measurable and supportable.
- The FPQC will be accountable for the transparency, sharing and accuracy of all of its data-driven recommendations.
- Where designated, the privacy and dignity of FPQC stakeholders will be protected through strict adherence to rigorous confidentiality policies and procedures.
- Engage perinatal health care stakeholders in the design, implementation and evaluation of data-driven processes for population- and evidence-based, value-added, cost-effective perinatal health care quality improvement efforts that enhance patient safety outcomes.
- Encourage perinatal health care providers to educate and empower families and patients to become involved for their own well-being as well as for the welfare of their communities.
- Build and sustain consensus, awareness and support across the state and nation regarding the value and benefits of active engagement with the FPQC in proposing, researching, selecting and launching new quality improvement initiatives.
- Become a nationally-recognized leader and role model in perinatal health care advancements through our effective evidence-based protocols for a variety of quality improvement processes.
- Acquire the financial resources necessary for the ongoing development and sustainment of the FPQC.
Strategic Plan Note: The FPQC Leadership Staff and Team continue to analyze and develop our strategic plan based on our stakeholders' input.