Children's Health Insurance Program Reauthorization Act (CHIPRA) Cycle I
The Children’s Health Insurance Program Reauthorization Act (CHIPRA) project, funded by the Department of Health and Human Services’ Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, maximizes existing opportunities and structures within the statewide FL-CKF coalition and its network of regional collaborative partnerships to increase enrollment and retention in Florida KidCare. Our project strategies include:
- Target difficult-to-reach and minority populations with the highest percentages of uninsured children
- Increase the number of locations where families may apply and receive assistance
- Provide application and renewal assistance, follow up with each family to completion
- Replicate and expand best practices complied from FL-CKF’s 10 years of successful CHIP activities and newly-discovered strategies
- Produce and distribute statewide application and renewal assistance handbook
The CHIPRA I No Cost Extension continues to work alongside 3 children’s hospitals and Seagull Industries for the Disabled, Inc. to conduct innovative outreach. We collect and analyze this data to evaluate the effectiveness of those outreach efforts.