Contact Emily Plasencia, at firstname.lastname@example.org, for information on upcoming meetings.
Regular meetings are scheduled as per member availability. If you are interested in ESG you may wish to review the ESG Bylaws Delta Kappa (pdf).
The University of South Florida Delta Kappa Chapter is open to graduate students within the Department of Community and Family Health who have a health education focus and meet the eligibility criteria. Our chapter is dedicated to fulfill the objectives of the organization by:
- Disseminating knowledge through a variety of scholarly pursuits, such as publishing in the ESG student monograph, participating in poster sessions and/or lectures locally and nationally, and taking part in research week within the College of Public Health.
- Recognizing academic achievement via member eligibility for ESG national awards and scholarships.
- Supporting professional standards and ethics through active membership in this health education honorary
- Providing opportunities for health education students and professional health educators to share information, ideas, and resources with each other through networking occasions and guest speakers.
- Providing opportunities for members to attend national meetings and the annual advocacy summit.
- Promoting health education as a discipline through continuous advocacy for the profession itself.
To be eligible for initiation into the chapter, collegiate honorary members must:
- Officially be admitted as a graduate student in the Department of Community and Family Health (MPH Health Education student, MSPH, or PhD student with a health education focus).
- Have completed at least 6 graduate credits from within the Health Education concentration area, and have earned an overall grade point average of 3.5 or higher.
- To remain eligible as a member once elected, students must maintain an overall graduate grade point average of 3.5 or higher.
- Please fill out the ESGMembershipApplication.pdf to be considered.
President: Emily Plasencia
Vice President: Shana Williams
Secretary: Amber Windsor-Hardy
Treasurer: Aryan Beharry
Historian: Christina Imohokpomoh
Each member, upon initiation, receives a certificate of membership and the official jewelry of the honorary. In addition, membership includes a subscription to The Health Educator and The Eta Sigma Gamma Monograph. In 1982, Eta Sigma Gamma began publishing a mongraph series addressing topics of broad interest and appeal to health educators. Since 1984, the Spring Monograph has been dedicated to publishing papers written by student members of the Honorary.
2011 ESG Monograph Call for Papers (pdf)
Initiation Fee: $40.00
Local Dues: $15.00
Interested applicants should contact Faculty Advisor for our chapter Dr. Eric Buhi at the College of Public Health by e-mail: email@example.com