Admissions Test Information
(Also refer to the USF Graduate Catalog (http://www.grad.usf.edu/catalog.php) section 4: Graduate Admissions.)
GREThe following pertains to MPH, MSPH, PhD and DrPH applicants:
All applicants must take the Graduate Record Exam (GRE) or have taken an equivalent admissions examination within the five years preceding application and must meet the following criteria.
- Equivalent exams include the GMAT, MCAT, DAT or PCAT.
- LSAT is not accepted in lieu of the GRE.
- Although there are no required minimum scores, the applicant’s GRE score will be compared to the applicant pool and the national GRE norms.
TOEFL and IELTS
Applicants whose native language is not English or who have not earned a degree in the United States must also submit TOEFL scores earned within two (2) years of the desired term of entry. A minimum total score of 79 on the internet-based test, 213 on the computer-based test, or 550 on the paper-based test are required. Applications submitted with TOEFL scores that do not meet the minimum requirements will be denied with no exceptions.
The TOEFL requirement may be waived if the applicant meets one of the following conditions:
- Has scored 153 (500 old ETS scale) or higher on the GRE Verbal Test
- Has earned a college bachelor’s or graduate degree at a regionally accredited U.S. institution of higher learning
- Has scored 6.5 on International English Language Testing System (IELTS).
English Proficiency requirements. Note: Graduate Pathway programs are not available at College of Public Health