Some Courses fill quickly. Also, potential registration problems can take time to resolve.
Degree Seeking Students
You are in this category if you have received an official acceptance for entry from USF into a degree program.
All degree-accepted students must register online for at least one course no later than 5:00 pm EST on the Friday before the start of the semester to avoid a $100.00 late registration fee. All permits and contracts need to be turned in by the Wednesday before classes begin. Please see Important Dates for more information.
Select course from USF Class Schedule Search
Permits & Contracts
Permits/Contracts are required for some courses prior to registration. Spring Contracts/Permits are due no later than the Wednesday before classes begin. Please review the list of courses that require a permit/contract. Forms must be completely filled in order to process the permit within 72 hours.
- Contract courses ( Field Experience, Special Project, Specialized Study, Independent Study, and Directed Research). Student and Advisor/Instructor must fill out contract form and turn it into COPH Graduate Studies Office.
- Capstone course will require a permit. Only student signature is required. (Prerequisites for this course include satisfactory completion of all core courses and 75% of required concentration courses).
- Consent of Instructor. All students that are interested in courses with the CI hold will need email approval from instructor and then submit it to COPH Graduate Studies Office.
New students will have a hold on registration their first semester in COPH. New students must:
- Have everything on the checklist completed. Click here for checklist.
- Attend orientation (Offered every Fall). Exceptions are made for student that are accepted in spring and summer semester;
- Meet with advisor and look over program check sheet (Plan of study) https://documents.health.usf.edu/display/COPH/Check+Sheet+Index (program check sheet must be signed by student and advisor and a copy should be submitted to COPH Graduate Studies Office);
- Complete HIPAA training by 2nd semester (hold will be issued if not completed by second semester)
Once COPH Graduate Studies receives paperwork the student hold should be removed within 72hrs.
Enrolled in an online course?
All online courses are supported by COPH Office of Educational Technology and Assessment (ETA). The ETA office in conjunction with course instructors, prepares Course-at-a-glance documents for all online courses. The CAGs assist students in learning more about the course, its requirements, course expectations, types of assessments and important testing dates for a given semester. To access these documents, Click here and click on the course of interest.
All online courses are supported by COPH Office of Educational Technology and Assessment (ETA). The ETA office in conjunction with course instructors, prepares Course-at-a-glance documents for all online courses. The CAGs assist students in learning more about the course, its requirements, course expectations, types of assessments and important testing dates for a given semester. To access these documents, Click Here
Go to OASIS to verify if permits been issued (usually within 72 business hours).
Register and Pay for Courses in OASIS. Click here for OASIS instructions and Important Dates
Still have questions? Contact COPH Graduate Studies Office at 813-974-6505