Field Experience Team
Jesse Casanova, MS
International Field Experience Administrator
Welcome to College of Public Health
Domestic Field Experience
What is a Supervised Field Experience?
Field Experience is a practicum open to all College of Public Health students and is under the supervision of the Preceptor and guidance of the student’s Academic Advisor. Field Experience usually takes place in an agency, institution, or with a community partner. Field Experience is one of the culminating events and a graduation requirement for students who are earning an MPH, MHA, or an MSPH in Industrial Hygiene.
Characteristics of a Supervised Field Experience include the following:
- Carefully planned, supervised and evaluated in order to earn academic credit
- Contains measurable goals and concrete learning objectives which directly relate to Core Competencies, a student’s academic department/concentration and personal career goals
- Helps to develop a student's academic, professional and personal development
- Can last from one to six months in duration
- May require a part-time or full-time (international placements) regular weekly commitment
- Generally a one-time experience, but some students may elect to participate in multiple placements
- May offer an hourly wage, stipend, tuition/travel reimbursement or no compensation