Feng Cheng, PhD
Assistant Professor, Cop Dept Of Pharmaceutical Science
Assistant Professor, Coph Epidemiology & Biostatistics
Cop Dept Of Pharmaceutical Science
Assistant Professor, Department of Pharmaceutical Science, College of Pharmacy, University of South Florida
12901 Bruce B. Downs Blvd., MDC 30
College of Pharmacy
Tampa, FL 33612
Academic Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Academic Phone: (813) 974-4288
View My C.V.
- PhD, Biophysics, University Of Virginia, 2010
- PhD, Organic Chemistry, Shanghai Institute Of Materia Medicaacademia Sinica, 2003
- BS, Chemistry, Nanjing University, 1998
Interdisciplinary and Emerging Signature Programs
- Cancer Biology
- Presently, Dr. Cheng is an Assistant Professor at the USF College of Pharmacy.
- He received his first Ph.D. degree in computational medicinal chemistry at the Chinese Academy of Science (CAS) in 2003. After finishing his second PhD in bioinformatics at the University of Virginia, Dr. Cheng received his postdoctoral training at Yale University.
- Dr. Cheng has published over 30 research papers in prestigious journals including Nature. Presently, Dr. Cheng is an editor board member of Journal of Biomedical Science and Engineering, the open bioinformatics journal and Journal of Proteomics and Bioinformatics. Dr. Cheng has been serving as a peer reviewer for more than ten journals, such as Journal of Theoretical Biology, Open Bioinformatics, Current Bioinformatics, and Current Computer Aided Drug Design.
- Dr. Cheng is a computational biologist. His researches mainly focus on applications of genomic data and bioinformatics method in brain development and clinical research. He is also interested in computer-aided drug design.
- American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy (member, 2012 - Present)
- Postdoc Associate (Neurobiology, Yale Univeristy 2010 - 2012)