How PaperFree Florida Can Help
The PaperFree Florida Collaborative Health Information Technology Regional Extension Center (PaperFree Florida) offers consulting services to physicians and other clinicians to help them achieve Meaningful Use and other stated Health Information Technology goals.
For providers without an EHR, we demystify the EHR transition process. As we strive to become your trusted friend and advocate throughout the evolution to electronic records, and will play a variety of roles as your practice transforms. This includes (but is not limited to) serving as…
- A Vendor-Neutral Consultant that provides unbiased recommendations for EHRs that best fit your practice-specific needs
- A Resource for general information, education, and EHR user training
- An Advocate for your practice’s needs, facilitating clear communication with your chosen vendor
- A Director that helps your practice create practical long-term plans and avoid common obstacles to successful implementation
- A Guide that facilitates understanding of Meaningful Use and other relevant regulations, as well as eligibility for incentives, and will help position your practice for achievement
For providers that already have an EHR, we help you optimize EHR use. Though many practices have some type of an EHR in place, it may not be certified, or properly configured to fit current workflow needs. In either case, we can help you earn the highest return on your investment possible by:
- Guiding you successfully through the EHR implementation process; if past implementation has failed, we help you understand why, and how to plan and structure the new implementation for success
- Stimulating change in your practice’s culture to ensure success in implementation and use
- Facilitating compliance with laws such as HITECH, HIPAA and their corresponding regulations like Meaningful Use
- Facilitating achievement of Meaningful Use and/or earning other incentives, based on your eligibility
- Helping your practice meet other needs and achieve articulated goals beyond Meaningful Use (Stage 1)
For a brief description of what to expect when you sign up, please take a moment to read PaperFree Florida – A Brief Overview.