Student Government and Organizations
The Community Service Award was established to recognize those students who go above and beyond their nursing program requirements to give back and provide service to the USF community. The award is given monthly to one undergraduate and one graduate student in the USF College of Nursing individuals.
- College of Nursing Student Council
The purpose of this organization shall be to represent the students of the College of Nursing, to promote and facilitate communication and cooperation between the students and the faculty of the College of Nursing, to facilitate communication between the students of the College of Nursing and the students of the University of South Florida, to promote the interests of the students of the College of Nursing, to act as a referral group, and make recommendations when deemed appropriate to other committees, groups or individuals.
- Florida Nursing Student Association at USF
The Nursing Students’ Association at USF mission is to promote the practice and advancement of nursing students through educational initiatives, professional networking opportunities, and community outreach services; to provide programs representative of fundamental and current nursing professionals and nursing students interests and concerns; and to aid in the development of the whole person regardless of persons race, color, creed, sex, lifestyle, national origin, age or economic status.
To become a member of this organization click here, login with your USF Net ID, create a Basic Profile, search for 'NSA' and click "join now".
Masters Student Organizations
- MNSO has been deactivated. All members have been notified.
- Student Registered Nurse Anesthetists (SRNA)
The purpose of the SRNA organization is to promote the Nurse Anesthesia Program which offers a Masters of Nursing in Anesthesia upon completion. The primary goal is to promote the professional development, image, and growth of student registered nurse anesthetists and to recruit highly qualified individuals into the program at the University of South Florida.
To become a member of this organization click here, login with your USF Net ID, create a Basic Profile, search for 'SRNA' and click "join now".
Doctoral Student Organizations
- Doctoral Nursing Student Organization
The purpose of the Doctoral Nursing Student Organization shall be to provide for its members an opportunity to expand and enhance their overall doctoral education experience. The DNSO shall provide opportunities for interaction among faculty and students and a venue for exchange of scholarly information and ideas. By providing opportunities for leadership and acquisition of knowledge about doctoral studies, members of the DNSO may gain the self confidence to succeed in their doctoral studies, develop working relationships among their peers, and advance their leadership skills.
- Sigma Theta Tau International
The mission of the Honor Society of Nursing, Sigma Theta Tau International, is to support the learning, knowledge, and professional development of nurses committed to making a difference in health worldwide. Many USF faculty, graduates and current students are members of Sigma Theta Tau. USF is part of the local Delta Beta-at-Large Chapter with the University of Tampa.
- International Health Service Collaborative (IHSC) The International Health Service Collaborative is an interdisciplinary organization that includes students from the Colleges of Nursing, Medicine and Public Health. The mission of the organization states that the International Health Service Collaborative is a group of USF Health students, faculty, and professionals focused on:
- Promoting sustainable health projects in underserved communities within the U.S. and developing nations
- Creating a forum for interdisciplinary interaction within USF Health and throughout USF, which will result in more well-rounded health professionals
- USF Health Service Corps
The USF Health Service Corps is a USF Health-wide, interdisciplinary student group that enables USF Health students in Medicine, Nursing, Public Health and Physical Therapy to participate in health-related community service activities together. The USF Health Service Corps is sponsored by the USF Area Health Education Center and has its own Coordinator who assists the USF Health students in planning, implementing and evaluating service activities.