Veteran to Bachelor's (VCARE)
Application Process & Deadline
Admission to the Veteran to Bachelor's (VCARE) program is a two-step process. Please follow the steps below to first successfully apply to the university and then separately to the VCARE program. At this time, current USF students may skip step one. Please make sure you check the military/veteran status and select pre-Nursing as your major.
Submit a USF Tampa Admissions Application
Interested students who meet the minimum published criteria are encouraged to apply to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions. Submit a degree-seeking transfer application to Undergraduate Admissions. For questions regarding undergraduate admissions (including USF deadlines), please call (813) 974-3350 or check the website. Students must be admitted to The USF Tampa Campus.
- Submit required documentation
Submit official transcripts from every college or university attended, including any ACE and/or SMART transcripts directly to the USF Office of Undergraduate Admissions, 4202 E. Fowler Avenue, SVC1036, Tampa, FL 33620-6900. Transcripts will not be considered until they are received, unopened, and processed in the system by the Undergraduate Admissions office. The Office of Undergraduate Admissions will decide what course work is transferable to the University.
- Submit required documentation
Submit a College of Nursing Application
Once you have completed step 1, and have been admitted as an undergraduate pre-nursing student at USF, complete the on-line College of Nursing application at https://hsccf.hsc.usf.edu/soar. The SOAR application requires a university identification number (UID) to apply. All students receive their UID after admission to the university.
Applicants do not have to have their pre-requisites completed by the time the SOAR application to the College of Nursing's VCARE program closes, as they may be conditionally admitted with the contingency that all remaining pre-requisites are completed with a "B" or better by the start of the VCARE program in the Fall. Additionally, applicants who will not have their pre-requisites completed by that current Fall should still apply as they may be eligible for conditional admission to a later VCARE program.
The College of Nursing currently accepts students into the VCARE program once a year, for the Fall semester. At this time the VCARE program does not admit students in the spring or summer semesters. All three steps in the application process must be completed by 5:00PM on the deadline for the application term.
|Term||SOAR Application Open||Deadline to Apply|
|Fall 2018||December 1, 2017||March 2, 2018 @ 5:00 pm|
|Spring 2019||September 3, 2018
||November 2, 2018 @ 5:00 pm
Important: While the College of Nursing will do its best to match students to clinical sites by their geographical location, we cannot guarantee placement. Students may be placed at a clinical facility within 2 hours driving distance from The USF Tampa Campus, and are expected to have proper transportation to and from clinical sites.
Applicant decisions are made by the end of March, which ensures time to meet NECP board deadlines. Admitted students will receive an acceptance letter, a projected degree completion plan, and a summary of estimated tuition and fees which they will submit as part of their applications to the NECP.
- Applicants should apply one year in advance by using the current application process (i.e. Applicants should use the Fall 2018 application process to be considered for admission to Fall 2019).
- Applicants must submit a SOAR application to the term they are applying (i.e. Fall 2019).
- Admitted students will receive an acceptance letter (conditional or non-conditional), a projected degree completion plan, and a summary of estimated tuition and fees that they will submit as part of their application to MECP.
- Applicants should apply one year in advance by using the current application process (i.e. Applicants should use the Fall 2018 application process to be considered for admission to Spring 2019 OR Fall 2018).
- Applicants must submit a SOAR application to the term they are applying (i.e. Spring 2019, Fall 2019).
- Admitted students will receive an acceptance letter (conditional or non-conditional), a projected degree completion plan, and a summary of estimated tuition and fees that they will submit as part of their applications to AECP.
Please be aware of the following:
- We strongly recommend that students apply for general admission to USF Undergraduate Admissions at least three months before they plan to apply to the College of Nursing, as it can take Undergraduate Admissions up to eight weeks to determine admissions decisions to the University once an application is complete.
- Students must first be accepted to USF in order to apply to the College of Nursing. They will then be assigned a U-number which they will need to complete the SOAR application.
- Students should apply to the university ONLY for the semester they will begin taking classes at USF.
Nursing Mandatory Orientation Dates:
All undergraduate students must attend the mandatory College of Nursing Orientation & Pre-Immersion Orientation. Students should plan activities accordingly in regards to the Nursing Orientation Dates. Students who cannot attend the orientations will forfeit their seat in the program.
|Fall 2018 Admits|
|August 3, 2018 (Monday)||Nursing Student Orientation 7am – 5pm|