RN to Bachelor's
Application Process and Deadlines
Interested students who meet the minimum published criteria are encouraged to apply by deadline for each term. Follow the steps below to successfully apply for the RN to Bachelor's sequence (current USF students may skip steps one and two):
- Submit a USF Admissions Application Submit a degree-seeking application to Undergraduate Admissions. For questions regarding undergraduate admissions (including USF deadlines), please call (813) 974-3350 or check the website.
- Submit required documentation Submit official transcripts from every college or university attended directly to the USF Office of Undergraduate Admissions, 4202 E. Fowler Avenue, SVC1036, Tampa, FL 33620-6900. Transcripts will not be considered until they are received, opened, and processed in the system by the Undergraduate Admissions office. Please request a hard copy of your ASN transcripts to be sent to USF Undergraduate Admissions. Sending the transcript electronically may delay your admission to USF.
- Submit a College of Nursing Application Once you have completed steps 1 and 2, and have been admitted as an undergraduate pre-nursing student at USF, complete the on-line College of Nursing application (SOAR). The application requires a university identification number (UID) to apply. All students receive their UID after admission to the university.
Please note the following: If you are still completing your pre-requisite coursework, have not yet graduated with your ASN degree, or have not yet received your RN license, please wait to apply through SOAR. The College of Nursing can only consider applicants who meet all the minimum criteria.
We strongly recommend that students apply for general admission to USF Undergraduate Admissions (step 1) about two to three months before you plan to apply to the College of Nursing (step 2). It can take Undergraduate Admissions up to eight weeks to determine admission decisions. You must be accepted to USF first in order to apply directly to the College of Nursing.
Application Deadlines:All three steps in the application process must be completed by 5:00 pm on the deadline for the application term.
|Term||SOAR Application Open||Deadline to Apply|
|Fall 2018||May 1, 2018
||June 30, 2018 @ 5:00 pm
|Spring 2019||September 3, 2018
||November 9, 2018 @ 5:00 pm
||February 1, 2019||April 1, 2019 @ 5:00 pm
|Fall 2019||May 3, 2019
||July 1, 2019 @ 5:00 pm
Important: The RN to BS curriculum is designed for application to nursing practice. Core courses include a required practicum for service learning projects. To facilitate the application of the project for practice, students admitted to the RN to BS program are expected to complete their practicums at their place of employment.
A student who is not employed as an RN may either:
- Complete their practicum at a site in the Tampa Bay region assigned by the College of Nursing
- Self-identify an appropriate venue (with agreement by the College of Nursing). USF will attempt to secure an Affiliation Agreement with that identified site, however, if this agreement cannot be procured, the student will not be able to register for classes.