Applicants must meet the following requirements before applying for this program:
- Acceptance at the USF undergraduate admissions office
- An overall GPA of 2.50 or higher on all undergraduate work (excluding Associate of Science Nursing courses)
- Associates Degree in Nursing from a regionally accredited institution or nursing diploma.
- Evidence of current RN licensure in good standing
- Completion of the following pre-requisite courses by the application deadline for the intended term of entry with a minimum grade of "C" in each:
- English Composition I (3) ENC 1101
- English Composition II (3) ENC 1102
Additional State-Mandated and University Requirements
After admission to the RN-BS program, students will be required to complete additional state-mandated nursing pre-requisites in addition to their undergraduate nursing courses. To view all undergraduate requirements, click here.
For More Information
The College of Nursing offers prospective students a number of ways to obtain more information about our programs:
Please note: The College of Nursing may require nursing students at any level to complete a criminal background check. It is imperative for all applicants to the nursing program to disclose all prior criminal background on the University application (undergraduate or graduate) in order to avoid serious consequences if or when a background check is required.
All information contained in this document is for informational purposes only and is superseded by the catalog for your intended term of entry.