Applicants must meet the following requirements before applying for this program:
- Acceptance at the USF undergraduate admissions office
- An overall GPA of 2.50 or higher on all undergraduate work (excluding Associate of Science Nursing courses)
- Associates Degree in Nursing from a regionally accredited institution. Nursing diploma will be evaluated on a case by case basis.
- Evidence of current RN licensure in good standing from the state in which you work and will complete your Service Learning Practicum hours.
- Completion of the following pre-requisite courses by the application deadline for the intended term of entry with a minimum grade of "C" in each:
- English Composition I (3) ENC 1101
- English Composition II (3) ENC 1102
USF Foundations of Knowledge and Learning (FKL) Requirements
After admission to the RN-BS program, students will be required to complete additional state-mandated nursing pre-requisites in addition to their undergraduate nursing courses. Students should contact their academic advisor for the list of FKL courses approved to meet the College of Nursing requirements. Courses that meet the state mandated common prerequisites may also meet the USF FKL requirements. Students with a Florida community college A.A. degree (other than in nursing) will be considered to have met all of the USF General Education requirements. A grade of 'C-' or better is required in the FKL courses: Fine Arts (3 Credit Hours) Humanities (6 Credit Hours) Human and Cultural Diversity in a Global Context (3 Credit Hours) English Composition (6 Credit Hours) Natural Science (6 Credit Hours) Social and Behavioral Science (6 Credit Hours).
Six credits of the above coursework must be completed in Human and Historical Context and Process Courses. All students are required to meet the university requirements for foreign language. Please consult the catalog for specific undergraduate requirements.
For More Information
The College of Nursing offers prospective students a number of ways to obtain more information about our programs:
Please note: The College of Nursing requires nursing students at any level to complete a criminal background check, drug and immunization screening. It is imperative for all applicants to the nursing program to disclose all prior criminal background on the University application (undergraduate or graduate) in order to avoid serious consequences if or when a background check is required.
All information contained in this document is for informational purposes only and is superseded by the catalog for your intended term of entry.