These admission requirements are effective beginning Fall 2011 for new RN-MS applicants.
Admission to the RN-MS accelerated graduate program is competitive. Admission is based on a review of materials submitted and on the availability of adequate classroom, clinical facilities, and faculty.
Applicants must meet the following requirements by the application deadline for the intended term of entry:
- Acceptance at the USF undergraduate admissions office
- An overall GPA of 3.5 or higher on all undergraduate work (excluding Associate of Science Nursing courses)
- Completed Associates Degree in Nursing from a regionally accredited institution
- Student must NOT have a Bachelors Degree in any field (if so, apply directly to graduate programs http://health.usf.edu/nursing/academics/masters.html)
- Evidence of current Florida RN licensure in good standing
- English Composition I & II (6) (ENC1101, ENC1102) with a minimum grade of C
The College of Nursing offers prospective students a number of ways to obtain more information about our programs:
The College of Nursing may require nursing students at any level to complete a criminal background check. It is imperative for all applicants to the nursing program to disclose all prior criminal background on the University application (undergraduate or graduate) in order to avoid serious consequences if or when a background check is required.All information contained in this document is for informational purposes only and is superseded by the catalog for your intended term of entry.