Application Process and Deadlines
Applicants who meet the admission requirements may follow these steps in order to apply:
Submit a USF Admissions ApplicationSubmit an application to Graduate Admissions. For questions regarding Graduate Admissions, please call (813) 974-2846 or check the website.
Submit a College of Nursing Application
Complete the on-line College of Nursing application. For questions contact: University of South Florida College of Nursing (813) 974-2191 or email@example.com.
Please note: A U-number is required in order to submit the College of Nursing application. Individuals who have completed step 1 (applied to USF admissions) will receive an email from USF on how to access their U-number within 48 hours. Once a U-number is established, it may take an additional 48 hours for the USF system to upload to the Nursing system. Therefore, individuals should allow up to 4 days after applying to USF before attempting to apply to the College of Nursing.
Submit required documentation
All required documentation should be sent directly to the College of Nursing, 12901 Bruce B. Downs Blvd., MDC 22, Attn: Nursing Graduate Admissions, Tampa, FL 33612.
The required documentation for College of Nursing graduate applications includes:
- Three recommendation forms - Must use required format
- Resume or Vita
- Sealed Official transcripts from each regionally accredited institution where a bachelors degree or higher was awarded
- Evidence of GRE Scores
- Written Goal Statement
Applicants will also be required to have an interview with the Program Director and/or Designee. All documentation must be received by the deadline in order for applications to be considered.
All coursework and degrees completed outside the United States require a course by course evaluation from an approved evaluating agency. Foreign transcript evaluation services approved by the USF Graduate School can be found online. Please note that the Florida Board of Nursing maintains its own list of approved evaluating agencies. Transcript evaluations must be received at the College of Nursing in their original sealed envelopes by the deadlines posted below.
International applicants must meet the Graduate School requirements for the TOEFL. See a list of Graduate School requirements for the TOEFL.
All three steps in the application process must be completed by 5:00 PM on the deadline established for each application cycle. Priority admission for the PhD Program has a deadline of December 15, 2013 at 5:00 PM.
- After December 15, applications may be accepted until July 1, 2014 on a space available basis. Before submitting your application, we advise that you check directly with the admissions advisor at (813) 974 2191 to confirm if space is available.
- Priority admission and consideration for financial support will be limited to those meeting the December 15 deadline.
- NOTE: Application deadlines for Graduate Student Success fellowships, including the McKnight Doctoral Fellowship, are often prior to the final College of Nursing deadline. Applicants should consult the pertinent funding agency as additional application materials may be required for each fellowship.