Application Process and Deadlines:Applicants who meet the admission requirements may follow these steps in order to apply:
- Submit a USF Admissions Application
- Submit a College of NursingCAS Application
Applicants must complete the NursingCAS Application and the USF Graduate Admissions Application. Click here to go to the NursingCAS application.
For questions regarding the NursingCAS application contact USF Nursing Student Affairs at: (813) 974-2191 or email@example.com. Create a NursingCAS account and then submit an application for the PhD program (BS-PhD, MS-PhD or DNP-PhD).
Please Note: A U-number is required in order to submit the NursingCAS application. Individuals who have completed step 1 (applied to USF admissions) will receive an email from USF on how to access their U-number within 48 hours. Once a U-number is established, it may take an additional 48 hours for the USF system to upload to the Nursing system. Allow up to 4 days after applying to USF before attempting to apply through NursingCAS.
- Submit required documentation through NursingCAS
Submit an application to USF Office of Admissions. For questions regarding this application, please call (813) 974-3350 or check the USF Office of Admissions website.
- Three letters of recommendation, indicating potential for doctoral study, from persons who can attest to the applicant's academic ability, clinical competence, and commitment. (Optimally, these letters will be from a nursing faculty or clinical supervisors.)
- Sealed official transcripts from all higher education institutions attended should be mailed directly from your college to:
P.O. Box 9201
Watertown, MA 02471
- Current unencumbered license as a registered nurse in the United States upon matriculation. Current license as a registered nurse in the state of Florida before the first course.
- Interviews may be required.
- Evidence of GRE Scores
All documentation must be received by the deadline in order for applications to be considered.
All coursework and degrees completed outside the United States require a course by course evaluation from an approved evaluating agency. Foreign transcript evaluation services approved by the USF Graduate School can be found online. Please note that the Florida Board of Nursing maintains its own list of approved evaluating agencies.
Transcript evaluations must be received at the College of Nursing in their original sealed envelopes by the deadlines posted.
Applicants from countries where English is not the official language must demonstrate English proficiency. Please see USF Graduate Catalog for more information or contact USF Office of Admissions: http://www.usf.edu/admissions/
In addition to fulfilling the requirements associated with the application process, prospective students must also attend an interview with the PhD faculty.
Application Deadlines:All three steps in the application process must be completed by 5:00 PM on the deadline established for application submission. Priority admission for the PhD Program has a deadline of December 15 at 5:00 PM for each admission cycle.
- After December 15, applications may be accepted until July 1st on a space available basis. Before submitting your application, we advise that you check directly with the admissions advisor at (813) 974-2191 to confirm if space is available.
- Priority admission and consideration for financial support will be limited to those meeting the February 1 deadline.
- NOTE: Application deadlines for Graduate Student Success fellowships, including the McKnight Doctoral Fellowship, are often prior to the February 1 College of Nursing deadline. Applicants should consult the pertinent funding agency as additional application materials may be required for each fellowship.