Applicants who meet the admission requirements may follow these steps in order to apply:
- Submit a USF Admissions Application
Submit an application to Graduate Admissions. For questions regarding Graduate Admissions, please call (813) 974-2846 or check the USF Admissions website.
Please upload the required documentation for College of Nursing graduate applications which includes:
Applicants from countries where English is not the official language must demonstrate English proficiency. Please see USF Graduate Catalog for more information or contact USF Office of Admissions: http://www.usf.edu/admissions/
All documentation must be received by the deadline in order for applications to be considered.
- Submit Official Transcripts
Mail sealed official transcripts from every institution previously attended to the Office of Graduate Admissions, 4202 E. Fowler Avenue, SVC 1036 Tampa, FL 33620-6900. Transcripts will not be considered until they are received, opened, and processed in the system by the Graduate Admissions office.
*Electronic transcripts cannot be accepted
All coursework and degrees completed outside the United States require a course by course evaluation from an approved evaluating agency. Foreign transcript evaluation services approved by the USF Graduate School can be found online. Please note that the Florida Board of Nursing maintains its own list of approved evaluating agencies. Transcript evaluations must be received at the College of Nursing in their original sealed envelopes by the deadlines posted.
- Submit a College of Nursing Application
Complete the on-line College of Nursing application. For questions contact: University of South Florida College of Nursing (813) 974-2191 or email@example.com.
Please note: A U-number is required in order to submit the College of Nursing application. Individuals who have completed step 1 (applied to USF admissions) will receive an email from USF on how to access their U-number within 48 hours. Once a U-number is established, it may take an additional 48 hours for the USF system to upload to the Nursing system. Therefore, individuals should allow up to 4 days after applying to USF before attempting to apply to the College of Nursing.
Applicants will also be required to have an interview with the Program Director and/or Designee.
All three steps in the application process must be completed by 5:00 PM on the deadline established for each application cycle. Priority admission for the PhD Program has a deadline of December 15, 2013 at 5:00 PM.
- After December 15, applications may be accepted until July 1, 2014 on a space available basis. Before submitting your application, we advise that you check directly with the admissions advisor at (813) 974 2191 to confirm if space is available.
- Priority admission and consideration for financial support will be limited to those meeting the December 15 deadline.
- NOTE: Application deadlines for Graduate Student Success fellowships, including the McKnight Doctoral Fellowship, are often prior to the final College of Nursing deadline. Applicants should consult the pertinent funding agency as additional application materials may be required for each fellowship.