Admission RequirementsThe College is committed to recruiting a diverse pool of applicants who are highly motivated to achieve the doctoral program objectives. Admission to the program is based on a number of factors that measure a student's potential for academic success at the doctoral level.
Applicants must meet the following requirements in order to apply for the program:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Nursing from a regionally accredited nursing program.*
- 3.0 GPA
- Scored competitively on the quantitative, verbal and analytic portions of the GRE.Demonstrated commitment to doctoral study and scholarly productivity.
- Potential research interests compatible with those of current faculty.
- Personal interview with the Assistant Dean for the PhD Program.
- Licensed as a Florida Registered Nurse prior to enrolling in clinical course work.
- Evidence of potential for leadership in nursing profession.
All admitted nursing students are required to complete a Background Check, Immunization Verification, and Drug Screening. Admitted students will be provided with the steps to complete this process.
||First week of class|
|MMR, Varicella, Hepatitis B, Tdap Booster (Documentation), TB Skin Test, CPR Certification (American Heart Association), Flu Shot
* Applies only to those who are doing clinical coursework or collecting clinical data.
For More Information:The College of Nursing offers prospective students a number of ways to obtain more information about Graduate programs:
- Submit a Question: Ask a question, get an answer.
- Contact us via email or phone with further questions at: firstname.lastname@example.org or (813) 974-2191
- Use our Self-Guided Tutorial for applying to graduate programs.