The College is committed to recruiting a diverse pool of applicants who are highly motivated to achieve the doctoral program objectives. Admission to the program is based on a number of factors that measure a student's potential for academic success at the doctoral level.
Applicants must meet the following requirements in order to apply for the program:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Nursing from a regionally accredited nursing program.
- 3.0 GPA
- Scored competitively on the quantitative, verbal and analytic portions of the GRE.
- Demonstrated commitment to doctoral study and scholarly productivity.
- Potential research interests compatible with those of current faculty.
- Personal interview with Director of MS to PhD Program and/or designee
- Licensed as a Florida Registered Nurse prior to enrolling in clinical course work.
- Evidence of potential for leadership in nursing profession.
All students who are admitted to the College of Nursing are required to complete a Background Check, Immunization Verification, and Drug Screening for the College of Nursing via CertifiedProfile.com
- The requirements are as follows: MMR, Varicella, Hepatitis B, Documentation of a Tdap booster, TB skin test, CPR certification from the American Heart Association, and a flu shot.
- All requirements must be completed by the first week of class.
- The CertifiedProfile account must be created with a USF Health email address (Only available to students are who have been admitted to the College of Nursing).
For CertifiedProfile.com questions please contact the CertifiedProfile Service Desk at (888) 914-7279 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For More Information:
The College of Nursing offers prospective students a number of ways to obtain more information about Graduate programs: