PhD Program in Nursing Science
The College is committed to recruiting a diverse pool of applicants who are highly motivated to achieve the doctoral program objectives. Admission to the program is based on a number of factors that measure a student's potential for academic success at the doctoral level.
Applicants must meet the following requirements in order to apply for the program:
- 3.0 GPA
- B.S. in Nursing from a regionally accredited program (for post‐bacc entry)*
- M.S. in Nursing from a regionally accredited program (for post‐masters entry)*
- Clinical Doctorate from a regionally accredited program (for post-doctorate entry)
- Clear potential for research contributions
- Curriculum Vitae
- Demonstrated commitment to doctoral study and scholarly productivity
- Evidence of potential for leadership in nursing profession
- Licensure as a registered nurse if performing clinical work
- Three letters of recommendation
- Written Statement of Professional Goals
- Prerequisite NGR 7848 or equivalent prior to full‐time enrollment
*Applicants with degrees in other fields may also be considered.
All admitted nursing students are required to complete a Background Check, Immunization Verification, and Drug Screening. Admitted students will be provided with the steps to complete this process.
||First week of class|
|MMR, Varicella, Hepatitis B, Tdap Booster (Documentation), TB Skin Test, CPR Certification (American Heart Association), Flu Shot
* Applies only to those who are doing clinical coursework or collecting clinical data.
For More Information:
The College of Nursing offers prospective students a number of ways to obtain more information about our programs:
- Submit a Question: Ask a question, get an answer.
- Live Information Sessions: Attend a live information session at the College of Nursing.
- Contact us via email or phone with further questions at: email@example.com or (813) 974-2191.