Doctor of Nursing Practice
Application ProcessApplicants who meet the admission requirements may follow these steps in order to apply:
- Submit a USF Admissions Application
Submit an application to Graduate Admissions. For questions regarding Graduate Admissions, please call (813) 974-2846 or check the USF Admissions website.
- Submit a College of NursingCAS Application
Applicants must complete the NursingCAS Application and the USF Graduate Admissions Application. Click here to go to the NursingCAS application.
- Submit required documentation through NursingCAS
For questions regarding the NursingCAS application contact USF Nursing Student Affairs at: (813) 974-2191 or email@example.com.
- Three letters of recommendation, indicating potential for doctoral study, from persons who can attest to the applicant's academic ability, clinical competence, and commitment. (Optimally, these letters will be from a nursing faculty or clinical supervisors.)
- Personal statement of goals
- Sealed official transcripts from every institution previously attended.
- Current unencumbered license as a registered nurse in the United States upon matriculation.
Current license as a registered nurse in the state of Florida before residencies.
- Evidence of GRE Scores
All coursework and degrees completed outside the United States require a course by course evaluation from an approved evaluating agency. Foreign transcript evaluation services approved by the USF Graduate School can be found online. Please note that the Florida Board of Nursing maintains its own list of approved evaluating agencies. Transcript evaluations must be received at the College of Nursing in their original sealed envelopes by the deadlines posted.
Applicants from countries where English is not the official language must demonstrate English proficiency. Please see USF Graduate Catalog for more information or contact USF Office of Admissions: http://www.usf.edu/admissions/
In addition to fulfilling the requirements associated with the application process, prospective students must also attend an interview with the DNP faculty.
Application Deadlines:All three steps in the application process must be completed by 5:00 PM on the deadline established for application submission. Priority admission for the DNP Program has a deadline of February 1 at 5:00 PM for each admission cycle.
- After February 1st, applications may be accepted until July 1st on a space available basis. Before submitting your application, we advise that you check directly with the admissions advisor at (813) 974 2191 to confirm if space is available.
- Priority admission and consideration for financial support will be limited to those meeting the February 1 deadline.
- NOTE: Application deadlines for Graduate Student Success fellowships, including the McKnight Doctoral Fellowship, are often prior to the February 1 College of Nursing deadline. Applicants should consult the pertinent funding agency as additional application materials may be required for each fellowship.