Applicants who meet the admission requirements may follow these steps in order to apply:
Submit a USF Admissions Application
Submit an application to Graduate Admissions. For questions regarding Graduate Admissions, please call (813) 974-2846 or check the USF Admissions website.
Submit a College of Nursing Application
Important Notice 10/11/16 : The application process for this program is currently being revised. The instructions for the new process will be posted soon. Please do not submit a USF Admissions Application until further notice. You may however start working on your resume, personal statement and obtaining your transcripts. Be sure to utilize the resume format listed in step 3.
For questions contact USF Nursing Student Affairs at: (813) 974-2191 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submit required documentation
The required documentation for College of Nursing graduate applications includes:
- Three letters of recommendation, indicating potential for doctoral study, from persons who can attest to the applicant's academic ability, clinical competence, and commitment. (Optimally, these letters will be from a nursing faculty or clinical supervisors.) recommendation forms - Must use required format
- Personal statement of goals
- Current Resume or Vita
- Sealed official transcripts from every institution previously attended.
It is recommended, but not required, to submit the following:
All documentation must be received by the deadline in order for applications to be considered.
All coursework and degrees completed outside the United States require a course by course evaluation from an approved evaluating agency. Foreign transcript evaluation services approved by the USF Graduate School can be found online. Please note that the Florida Board of Nursing maintains its own list of approved evaluating agencies. Transcript evaluations must be received at the College of Nursing in their original sealed envelopes by the deadlines posted.
Applicants from countries where English is not the official language must demonstrate English proficiency. Please see USF Graduate Catalog for more information or contact USF Office of Admissions: http://www.usf.edu/admissions/
In addition to fulfilling the requirements associated with the application process, prospective students must also attend an interview with the DNP faculty.
All three steps in the application process must be completed by 5:00 PM on the deadline established for application submission. Priority admission for the DNP Program has a deadline of February 1 at 5:00 PM for each admission cycle.
- After February 1st, applications may be accepted until July 1st on a space available basis. Before submitting your application, we advise that you check directly with the admissions advisor at (813) 974 2191 to confirm if space is available.
- Priority admission and consideration for financial support will be limited to those meeting the February 1 deadline.
- NOTE: Application deadlines for Graduate Student Success fellowships, including the McKnight Doctoral Fellowship, are often prior to the February 1 College of Nursing deadline. Applicants should consult the pertinent funding agency as additional application materials may be required for each fellowship.