Applicants who meet the admission requirements may follow these steps in order to apply:
Submit a USF Admissions Application
Submit an application to Graduate Admissions. For questions regarding Graduate Admissions, please call (813) 974-2846 or check the USF Admissions website.
Submit a College of Nursing Application
Complete the on-line College of Nursing application. For questions contact: University of South Florida College of Nursing (813) 974-2191 or email@example.com.
Please note: A U-number is required in order to submit the College of Nursing application. Individuals who have completed step 1 (applied to USF admissions) will receive an email from USF on how to access their U-number within 48 hours. Once a U-number is established, it may take an additional 48 hours for the USF system to upload to the Nursing system. Therefore, individuals should allow up to 4 days after applying to USF before attempting to apply to the College of Nursing.
Submit required documentation
All required documentation should be sent directly to the College of Nursing, 12901 Bruce B. Downs Blvd., MDC 22, Attn: Doctoral Graduate Admissions, Tampa, FL 33612.
The required documentation for College of Nursing graduate applications includes:
- Three letters of recommendation, indicating potential for doctoral study, from persons who can attest to the applicant's academic ability, clinical competence, and commitment. (Optimally, these letters will be from a nursing faculty or clinical supervisors.) recommendation forms - Must use required format
- Personal statement of goals
- Current Resume or Vita
- Sealed Official transcripts from each regionally accredited institution where a bachelors degree or higher was awarded
It is recommended, but not required, to submit the following:
All documentation must be received by the deadline in order for applications to be considered.
All coursework and degrees completed outside the United States require a course by course evaluation from an approved evaluating agency. Foreign transcript evaluation services approved by the USF Graduate School can be found online. Please note that the Florida Board of Nursing maintains its own list of approved evaluating agencies. Transcript evaluations must be received at the College of Nursing in their original sealed envelopes by the deadlines posted.
Applicants from countries where English is not the official language must demonstrate English proficiency. Please see USF Graduate Catalog for more information or contact USF Office of Admissions: http://www.usf.edu/admissions/
In addition to fulfilling the requirements associated with the application process, prospective students must also attend an interview with the DNP
All three steps in the application process must be completed by 5:00 PM on the deadline established for application submission. Priority admission for the DNP Program has a deadline of February 1 at 5:00 PM for each admission cycle.
- After February 1st, applications may be accepted until July 1st on a space available basis. Before submitting your application, we advise that you check directly with the admissions advisor at (813) 974 2191 to confirm if space is available.
- Priority admission and consideration for financial support will be limited to those meeting the February 1 deadline.
- NOTE: Application deadlines for Graduate Student Success fellowships, including the McKnight Doctoral Fellowship, are often prior to the February 1 College of Nursing deadline. Applicants should consult the pertinent funding agency as additional application materials may be required for each fellowship.