Doctor of Nursing Practice
The College is committed to recruiting a diverse pool of applicants who are highly motivated to achieve the doctoral program objectives. Admission to the program is based on a number of factors to evaluate a student's potential for academic success at the doctoral level. In Fall 2013 the College of Nursing implemented a revised DNP Program curriculum and revised admission guidelines to provide two entry level options: (1) post-Baccalaureate (BS-DNP) and (2) post-Master's (MS-DNP).
- All applicants must have:
- A bachelor's degree in nursing from a CCNE or ACEN regionally accredited institution and satisfy at least one of the following criteria:
- "B" average or better in all work attempted while registered as an undergraduate student working for a degree, or
- "B" average or better in all work attempted while registered as an upper division undergraduate student working for a baccalaureate degree.
- The equivalent bachelors and/or graduate degrees in nursing from a foreign institution
- A current license as a Registered Nurse in the State of Florida
- Completed a 3-credit hour or equivalent in length undergraduate level statistics course with a grade of B or better.
- A personal interview with a designated faculty member may also be required
Applicants must meet the following requirements in order to apply for the program:
- Master of Science with a major in Nursing from a regionally accredited college or university
- An overall 3.0 GPA
- Licensure as an Advanced Practice Nurse (CRNA, NP, CNM, CNS) -Florida license needed for residencies
- National certification in area of advanced practice
Applicants from countries where English is not the official language must demonstrate English proficiency. Please see USF Graduate Catalog for more information or contact USF Office of Admissions: http://www.usf.edu/admissions/
All admitted nursing students are required to complete a Background Check, Immunization Verification, and Drug Screening. Admitted students will be provided with the steps to complete this process.
||First week of class|
|MMR, Varicella, Hepatitis B, Tdap Booster (Documentation), TB Skin Test, CPR Certification (American Heart Association), Flu Shot
Note: This requirement is not the same as the USF Student Health Services (USF Health Form) and cannot be submitted as a substitute.