The College is committed to recruiting a diverse pool of applicants who are highly motivated to achieve the doctoral program objectives. Admission to the program is based on a number of factors to evaluate a student's potential for academic success at the doctoral level.
- All applicants must have:
- A bachelor’s degree in nursing from a CCNE or ACEN regionally accredited institution and satisfy at least one of the following criteria:
- “B” average or better in all work attempted while registered as an undergraduate student working for a degree, or
- “B” average or better in all work attempted while registered as an upper division undergraduate student working for a baccalaureate degree.
- The equivalent bachelors and/or graduate degrees in nursing from a foreign institution
- A current license as a Registered Nurse in the State of Florida
- Completed a 3-credit hour or equivalent in length undergraduate level statistics course with a grade of B or better.
- A personal interview with a designated faculty member may also be required
Applicants must meet the following requirements in order to apply for the program:
- Master of Science with a major in Nursing from a regionally accredited college or university
- An overall 3.0 GPA
- Licensure as an Advanced Practice Nurse (CRNA, NP, CNM, CNS) -Florida license needed for residencies
- National certification in area of advanced practice
- Strong record of clinical excellence
- Completion of the following Masters Nursing courses with a B or better:
- Physical Assessment
- Applicants from countries where English is not the official language must also demonstrate proficiency in English in one of the following ways:
- By providing scores of 79 or higher on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL iBT)
- By providing a score of 6.5 or higher on the International English Language Testing System (IELTS).
- By earning a competitive score on the GRE Verbal exam.
- By earning a baccalaureate or higher degree at a regionally accredited institution in the U.S.
- By earning a degree at a foreign institution where English is the language of instruction (must be documented on the transcript).