Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist
Dianne Morrison-Beedy Dean, College of Nursing
Improve Health as a Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist
Why Nurse Anesthesia?
- Make a difference to the patient and family
- Use skills to allow patients to experience pain-free medical procedures
- Practice as a part of an interprofessional Healthcare team
- Practice with a high degree of autonomy and professional respect
- The cost-efficiency of CRNAs helps control escalating healthcare cost
- High demand in in military, veteran, rural and general practice settings
- USF is the fastest growing research university in the nation
- USF is ranked 8th as an 'up and coming' university, in the 2012 edition of the U.S. News & World Report's Best Colleges
- USF ranks among Forbes America's Best Colleges 2011
- USF is ranked 5th Most Veteran Friendly School in the U.S.
2014 CRNA Open House
Join us for a program overview, admission process review and tour of the new CAMLS facility. Meet faculty, current students, alumni, and admissions advisors at the annual Nurse Anesthesia Open House taking place at CAMLS on 8/1/2014 from 2 - 5 p.m. **Check in begins at 1:30 and programming begins promptly at 2 p.m.** Space is limited, so be sure to send us your reservation. For more information on parking and directions, view our Nurse Anesthesia Open House flyer.
I’m so proud of where this program has come and where it continues to go as we look forward to the future. The USF Nurse Anesthesia Program is eagerly seeking national prominence as we are on the verge of many exciting opportunities. Word is definitely getting out about the quality of our program and our connection with CAMLS has really put us in the national spotlight. We’re drawing a lot of interest and have seen a huge increase in the number of applications, especially from beyond our state.
What People are Saying:
I cannot believe how rewarding it has been to be involved with the teaching of future nurse anesthetists. It is an understatement to say that I have learned more from the students and from the experience of teaching than I could have ever imagined. I am a better CRNA today because of my involvement with the nurse anesthesia program at the University of South Florida.
Our friendly admissions team is prepared to answer your questions and discuss with you the requirements for applying:
- Bachelor’s degree (BS) with a major in Nursing from a regionally accredited college or university
- Competitive GPA of 3.0 or higher on all upper level baccalaureate coursework
- Competative score on GRE, taken within five years of application
- Three favorable evaluations or recommendations (Clinical, faculty, CRNA/Anesthesioologist/RN)*
- Evidence of current RN Licensure in good standing
- Personal statement of goals*
- Current resume or curriculum vitae*
- A personal interview with a designated faculty member may also be required
- A minimum of two current years of experience as an RN in an aggressive critical care unit
- Current BLS and ACLS certifications (CCRN and PALS certifications are highly recommended)
- Undergraduate Courses: Pathophyiology, Pharmacology, Anatomy and Physiology I & II, Health Assessment, Chemistry, Statistics