Applicants who meet the admission requirements should follow these steps in order to apply:
Submit a USF Admissions Application
Submit an application to Graduate Admissions. For questions regarding Graduate Admissions, please visit the website or call (813) 974-2846.
Submit a College of Nursing Application
Complete the on-line College of Nursing application.
For questions, please contact the University of South Florida College of Nursing at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (813) 974-2191.
Please note: A U-number is required in order to submit the College of Nursing application. Individuals who have completed step 1 (applied to USF admissions) will receive an email (within 48 hours) from USF on how to access their U-number. Once a U-number is established, it may take an additional 48 hours for the USF system to upload to the Nursing system. Therefore, individuals should allow up to four days before attempting to apply to the College of Nursing.
Submit required documentation
Send the below documents to:
College of Nursing
University of South Florida
MDC 22 Attn: CRNA Admissions
12901 Bruce B. Downs Blvd.
Tampa, FL 33612-4766
- A sealed official transcript from every institution of higher learning from which you received a degree or took courses.
- Copy of transcript validating completion of RN program.
- Copies of your Florida RN license and current certifications.
- CV and goals statement.
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) taken within five years of application
- Three letters indicating your potential for graduate study, from academic and employment references who can attest to your academic ability, clinical competence and commitment.
- If your native language is not English, you must also include your scores from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). A minimum score of 550 is required.
Required Documents to be included in packet:
- Resume (applicants must use template)
- 3 sealed recommendation forms (applicants must use template)
- Personal Statement
- Sealed official transcripts from each institution where a bachelors degree or higher was earned* .Electronic transcripts cannot be accepted by the College of Nursing .
All required documents must be submitted in one complete packet to the College of Nursing Graduate Office. Incomplete packets or individual documents will not be accepted and will be discarded. All documents must be received no later than 5:00 pm on the posted deadline for the desired term of entry. Any application lacking one or more documents will be considered incomplete and will not be considered for admission.
Applicants Rights and Responsibilities:
Applicants have the right to be treated in a respectful, timely, and truthful manner. Applicants have the right to have their application evaluated with the same degree of consideration as any other applicant. Applicants have the responsibility to inform the concentration administration of any changes in their application packet. Applicants are required to submit applications and material by the stated deadline and to be truthful in the application as well as in all communication.