Suncoast Nursing Accelerated Pathway
Admission & Progression Requirements
The Suncoast Nursing Accelerated Pathway (SNAP) is a student-centered program creating access for registered nurse education in the USF System through a science accelerated degree pathway. The SNAP partnership between USF College of Nursing, USF St. Petersburg (USFSP), and USF Sarasota-Manatee (USFSM) provides a seamless transition for students to complete a Bachelor of Science degree in Biology and a Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing. This is a full-time limited access program, as mandated by the state, and is structured sequentially. Admission is competitive.
Information sessions are conducted at USFSP and USFSM throughout the year, with the application process taking place in Fall of the sophomore year.
Undergraduate Admission to the College of Nursing is a limited access program and uses selective criteria for the admission of students. Admissions are determined on the basis of availability of sufficient qualified faculty, laboratory and classroom facilities, and clinical teaching resources. Final admission to all nursing programs is conditional upon clearance of a Level 2 criminal background check. The background check must be completed at the applicant's expense in accordance with the College of Nursing policy and procedures on background checks and drug screening.
- Full-time, matriculated student with a major in Biology at USF St. Petersburg or USF Sarasota-Manatee
- Minimum 3.20 cumulative GPA on all undergraduate coursework
- Application to USF College of Nursing by the published application deadline.
- If selected, participation in an interview with respective faculty from USF College of Nursing and USFSP or USFSM Department of Biology
Please note: Meeting minimum requirements does not guarantee admission, as admission is competitive for limited access programs.
- Maintain a 3.0+ GPA with grades of C or better in all state mandated nursing common pre-requisites
- Adherence to approved program plan of study
- Completion of BS degree in Biology by accelerated nursing program start (Note: Spring start only)
The state-mandated nursing common pre-requisites are required to be completed before the intended term of entry. A grade of 'C' or better is required.
- BSC 2085/L Human Anatomy & Physiology I, 4 semester hours
- BSC 2086/L Human Anatomy & Physiology II, 4 semester hours
- Any Chemistry, Biology, Physics, or Biochemistry course (CHM, BSC, PHY, PCB, or BCH), 3 semester hours
- DEP 2004 Human Growth & Development, 3 semester hours
- HUN 2201 Human Nutrition, 3 semester hours
- MCB 2000/L Microbiology, 4 semester hours
- Any Psychology, Sociology, or Social Psychology (PSY, SYG, or SOP), 3 semester hours
- STA 2014 Statistics, 3 semester hours
For More Information:
- Contact your Biology Advisor at USF St. Petersburg or USF Sarasota-Manatee.
- Attend An Information Session (Dates To Be Announced for Fall 2017)
All information is for informational purposes only and is superseded by the catalog for your intended term of entry.