Who We Are:
The Mission of the USF NSC is to accelerate progress in USF neuroscience research through cooperation among faculty from across USF and with the University partners.
We achieve our mission through the following:
- Collaboration: Identifying and connecting faculty with shared interests from across the University to collaborate on novel and innovative research projects.
- Funding: Identifying and creating funding opportunities for collaborators both from within and outside of USF.
- Strategic Planning: Guiding developing collaboration structures such as Translational Research Centers from inception through successful development, and on to ultimate sustainability.
- Recognition: Recognizing excellence in collaborative neuroscience research successes.
Our vision is to become a national model for successful university-wide collaborative research networking in the Neurosciences.
- Concrete multi-disciplinary collaboration
- Infrastructure support
- Wide and diverse spectrum of membership
- Unique solutions for critical collaborative needs
- Asset Mapping
- Funding of grants
- Design and implementation of grant review process
- Events to facilitate collaborative connections (synergy social)
- Grant Award event
- Website development to facilitate collaboration
- Promoting collaboration among USF faculty and the VA
- Encouraging and supporting the Young Investigators
- Supporting collaborations with different industries