USF HEALTH RESEARCH DAY
February 24, 2012
Oral Presentations:For the fifth consecutive year, USF Health Research Day included an oral presentation session and two COPH graduate students were selected to participate in this prestigious event. These students and their abstract titles include:
- Chighaf Bakour, Dept. of Epidemiology & Biostatistics, "Obesity and Childhood Asthma: Does Breastfeeding Make a Difference? Analysis of Data from the 2007-2008 NHANES"
- Ryan Michael, Dept. of Environmental & Occupational Health, "Source Attribution of Atmospheric Mercury Deposition to Tampa using Positive Matrix Factorization"
- Kristin Harsch, Dept. of Community & Family Health, "Beyond The Condom: A Text and Mobile Video Pilot Project Promoting Long-Acting, Reversible Contraception Methods to College-Age Women"
- Nicole Johnson, Dept. of Community & Family Health, "Diabetes Distress in Parents of Children with Type 1 Diabetes"
- Courtney Judd, MD, General Academics Pediatrics Fellow and Dept. of Community & Family Health, "Postpartum Depression Screening: Are Pediatricians on Board?"
- Jill Sears, Dept. of Environmental & Occupational Health, "The Public Health Implications of Marina Pollution on Recreational Beaches"
- Emanny Sanchez (presented on behalf of Curtis DeVetter), Departments of Epidemiology and Biostatistics and Global Health, "Fruit and Vegetable Access in Low-Income Rural Communities: Florida Case-Study"
- Steven P. Maher, Dept. of Global Health, "A Liver Sinusoid Device for Studying Plasmodium Exoerythrocytic Forms and Antimalarial Therapeutics"
- Patrick T. Vander Kelen, Dept. of Global Health, "Habitat Associations of Eastern Equine Encephalitis Transmission in Walton County Florida"
- Isabella Chan, Depts. of Global Health and Anthropology, "Vaginal Birth After Cesarean (VBAC): Provider Perspectives and Maternal Decision-Making"
The complete on line booklet for USF Health Research Day 2012, including the names of all student participants and their abstracts, can be found at: 2012 USF Health Research Day Virtual Book . A story about the USF Health research day can be found at : 2012 USF Health Research Day News Story
Click here for a complete Picasa web album of the event. A photo montage is also provided below.