- Understanding correlates of Cognitive Impairment in patients with heart failure
- Cytokines as potential mediators for cognitive impairment in heart failure
- Exploring Computerized Auditory Cognitive intervention for heart failure patients
- 2009-2010 University of Rochester, School of Nursing; Faculty Development Grant
PI; 100% Effort. Completed Feasibility Study on "Exploring correlates of cognitive dysfunction in heart Failure"
- 2007-2008 Rochester Center for Mind and Body Research, University of Rochester,
Rochester. PI, 100% Effort. Completed Ancillary study on "Role of inflammatory markers on cognitive dysfunction in heart failure".
- Athilingam, P., King, K. B., Burgin, W. S., Ackerman, M., Cushman, L. A., & Chen. L. (in
press). Montreal Cognitive Assessment and Mini Mental Status Examination compared as cognitive screening tools in HF. Heart and Lung
- Athilingam, P., Moynihan, J., & Chen, L. (In review). Cognitive impairment in persons
with heart failure: Do Cytokines play a Role?, Journal of cardiac Failure.
- Athilingam, P., & Miller, L.W. (in preparation). NYHA Classifications or AHA/ACC stage:
Which has better Predictive Value to Understand Heart failure Severity
- Athilingam, P & King, K. B. (2008). Heart and brain matter in heart failure: A Literature
review. Journal of the New York State Nurses Association, 38, 13-19.
- Ackerman, M., Graves, B., Giuliano, K., Athilingam, P., & Yeager, C. (2004). Comparison of
oxygen saturation values between two new generation Pulse oximeters in patients following cardiac surgery. American Journal of Critical Care, 13(3), 265-6.
- Ackerman, M. H., Graves, B. T., Athilingam, P., Yeager, C., & Giuliano, K. (2003). A
comparison of the Philips FAST and Masimo Set pulse oximeter following cardiac surgery. Critical Care Medicine, 31(12 Suppl), A135.
- Athilingam, P. (1990). Selectivity--a new trend within primary health care. Nursing Journal of
India, 81, 322.
- PhD, Health Practice Research; School of Nursing, 2008,University of Rochester, NY
First to graduate from the rigorous combined MS/PhD program from School of Nursing in total 5.5 years.
- MS, School of Nursing,2004, University of Rochester, NY
- Master of Community Health: 1988,Liverpool University, Liverpool, England.
- B.Sc Nursing:1982, All India Institute of Medical Science, New Delhi, India,
- R. M: Registered Midwife,1973, State of Tamil Nadu, India
- American Nurses Credentialing Center, Certified as Acute Care Nurse Practitioner Certification: No 2005005496-28, Certified 10/2005.
Renewed 10/17/2010; Valid until 10/16/2015.
Has established collaboration with Dr. Jerri Edwards Associate Professor, USF School of Aging Studies and a Developmental Psychologist to continue research on cognitive intervention.